Midi - renoise as device?

Maybe this is already existing functionality, but I ask anyway.

Is it possible to have renoise published as a midi-out device? So that other applications can discover renoise as if it was for example the Microsoft GS Wave…

The next step is ofcourse the possibility inside renoise to use this as an input, in the same was as an external keyboard.

It would make my life easier, the alternative is going down the virtual-midi-ports-darkness.

I answer myself, it seems as it is wiser to look at OSC. I was under the (false) impression that it was a renoise specific protocol :slight_smile:

Not sure this is what you are interested in, but you can certainly use Renoise to send MIDI to other applications.

I used MIDI from Renoise to control a Processing sketch I made for a song video

https://neurogami.com/blog/neurogami-scripting-processing-with-midi-using-renoise.html

1 Like

Thank you, yes, that way is useful too.

But, it was the other way around :slight_smile: im creating a small application in C# that sends note data to renoise into the selected pattern, using OSC with lua commands at the moment.

My first idea was to modify the copy/paste data, consisting of xml, but it was too cumbersome to use. My other thought was to use midi and now i ended up using osc instead.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.