Midtempo Attempt

Hey yall! sorry I’ve been gone from the forums for such a long time!
As of late, I feel like I’ve been getting better at this whole music thing and I wanted to show off something I made today that I’m really proud of :smiley:

This is the first time I’ve used Serum and i feel like it came out okay~

i do feel like it does need a tiny bit of fixing, and there’s always room for improvement, but as of now I’m proud of this piece!
Go ahead and leave comments/criticisms! all are welcome!

1 Like

I’ve listened to your song through PC speakers and a subwoofer at work. I guess you noticed the short glitch right at the beginning of your song. The bass seems to be too loud, it’s very dominating. This song would also benefit from variations in terms of your composition, specificly the bass, which is always the same. Use the cutoff to get more variation without changing the melody, or create some sections with a different bassline or without the bassline. Or add some more background and other stuff. I’ve also listened to a couple of your other songs, and I would say this one is your best one next to “All Felt Is Hate”. It just needs to be polished in terms of mixing and composition-wise, but it’s not bad though. Keep it up!

No worries, you’re not the only one. 10 years ago I joined this forum, posted a couple of things and disappeared for the following 7 years. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, i dont even know how i was able to miss the glitch. mightve been stemmed from an issue with realtime rendering instead of offline. thanks for the comments! i really appreciate it! :smiley:

You’re welcome! :wink:
There is no issue if you’re rendering in realtime, but there might be some issues if you’re rendering offline. I always render in realtime myself. Just put an empty pattern at the beginning of your song before you render your song, cut it after the rendering process and you will never have glitches at the beginning again.