"Minor" Line Highlighting

To make sure, I’m talking about “highlight every xx lines” in Song Properties here.

Right now it can have as value LPB or a number. So if you enter 8, it highlights every 8 lines.

I propose optionally highlighting minor lines, so if you enter 8,2,5, every 8 lines get highlighted as major line, and the other two get highlighted “slightly less”, like this:

####  
----  
xxxx  
----  
----  
xxxx  
----  
----  
####  
----  
xxxx  
----  
----  
xxxx  
----  
----  

maybe there could be a little button to pop up a “visual editor” for this:

+----------------------------+  
 | |  
 | [8] number of lines |  
 | |  
 | 0 ##(always selected) |  
 | 1 ------------------- |  
 | 2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |  
 | 3 ------------------- |  
 | 4 ------------------- |  
 | 5 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |  
 | 6 ------------------- |  
 | 7 ------------------- |  
 | |   
 | [OK] [CANCEL] |   
 | |   
 +----------------------------+  

(that thing would have to be be resizable and have optional scrollbars I guess)

I would also really like to see an additional minor highlighting. It would be very useful, esp when working with large patterns at high LPB.

st3/it/st has it.

You can just change the number of lines highlighted in songs settings…

Yeah, but that’s not variable, and hence not really that useful less straightforward rhythms… it’s still just “x to the floor”.

That I’m suggesting an addition to that kinda gives away that I already know that, doesn’t it? ^_^

I know this is from a million years ago, but I would also love love love having the option for minor line highlights. Especially with high LPB and/pr longer patterns, it would help massively. I would honestly love a secondary minor highlight along with that! Breaking stuff up with many colors would be a big help many times.

1 Like

+1 yes, this would be an excellent help and could make for some even more enjoyable themes