Modulation Question

Hey,

I just bought Redux and I have a question about how the modulation works. Let say you want to put some attack on a low pass filter. Normally you would dial in the cutoff frequency and the resonance. Then you would dial in the envelope/adsr, and then you would increanse the amount of modulation either into the positive or into the negative. However, in redux I’m missing the modulation amount. Here you have input, but that seems to be your frequency control. Can anybody tell me if I’m missing something?

Thankyou!

The modulations are actually doing math on the values. The leftmost slider (i.e. “Frequency”) is a starting point. But all other modulation devices build up a chain that do mathematical operations onto that value. So for example, if you have an envelope in addition “+” mode as next device, the output of the envelope would be added to the frequency value. So you could raise the freq value, and the envelope would be added to a higher value, hence shifting the output.

For example you could also have an envelope going full range, followed by two operators. The first in multiplication mode 0…1 could scale the envelope, the second in addition mode add an offset. With these two operators you could define the modulation range, and also map them to macros to automate the modulation range.

Thankyou very much. I was already starting to figure it out. One thing would be nice, is there a way to make one of the operator values display Hz. I have it setup so that one operator kind of controls the cutoff, but it’s quite hard to dial in with the values going from 0-2

No sorry, I think the modulation filters do not allow displaying hz values. You will have to tune them by ear, or by watching the spectrum analyzer.