More Control With Humanize

just a little brainwave, currently im using above plugin inside energyxt vst, but imagine renoise’s own humanize function having sliders with min/max values and such (perhaps even automatable?)

that could be… groovy, or maybe ?

:ph34r:

alright, conner just told me i could do most of this in the advanced edit section , so i guess, nevermind. ^_^
maybe its still a interesting idea, idk.

Having data/MIDI plugins for non-destructive, automatable humanizing, quantization/swing, arpeggios/chords/auto-comp whatever, probability, filters… with the option to render for more editing would be fantastic. Just think if you could link a data filter to the DSP section… you could, for every scale tone of let’s say a custom scale that you define in the filter, make it trigger a Hydra Device. Would have a lot of creative uses… and save some time. :)

This is why we need a metadevice scripting language. :D

You can also apply a random generator in the LFO and let it attack a Hydra as well.
If you keep the Amp and offset on the proper boundaries, this will be non-destructive as well.

But setting up will as well be slow as hell.

Well yeah… that’s a good way of humanizing the DSP and I don’t think it’s that much time to set up if you just want to humanize the DSP. Non-destructive data plugins would be a lot more powerful and immediate though. Found a related thread looking for something else here. I guess you’re afraid Renoise will turn into Koan Pro or whatever it was called. :lol:

I really hope this becomes a reality with the arrival of scripting. and not just for humanizing but for everything… both pattern data, DSP, automation whatever. Having it non-destructive as you say and then being able to apply it destructively if you want.

yeah… 2.6 scripting!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: