MPC 1000 as slave to Renoise

I am racking bmy brain trying to figure this out. I can get Renoise to play and receive incoming notes from my MPC, but i can’t seem to figure out how to get the MPC to slave off Renoise. Anybody doing this?

Interesting idea! My background is Ableton…
I connect my mpc 1000 via midi as Master to Ableton. Works well.
Which mpc OS do you have?

I don’t know if you intend this, but you can configure Renoise to send midiclock and notes to the MPC via your midi out ports. Then the MPC wil start and stop when Renoise starts and stops.

In Renoise
Preferences → Midi Tab → Midi Clock Master → Choose your output device/port.

On the MPC:
You must search the clock settings and change the clock source from internal to midi in (or something like that).

Not in Front of my mpc… in midi mode “shift” and a pad on the left side you can choose what is the mpc( master or slave). There is also “mmc” and “mtc”. Midi clock stuff. I think I have “mtc” for my Ableton & mpc set up.

A JJOS version from a couple of years ago. Haven’t updated it recently as I just broke our my MPC recently to give the idea a go. The intention being to use the MPC in a live situation to trigger various vocal and percussion samples whilst Renoise is running, and use the midi out to run a synth that i can tweak. Still a work in progress. If the idea even works at all. lol

1 Like

Got it to work. Thanks. Has been a while since i broke out the MPC and forgotten a lot it seems.

JJOS is fire :fire: for the mpc.

Sounds nice. Which configuration do you prefer?