Mpc 3000 + Renoise???

Greetings!

Soooooo I really ruv renoise as my main sequencer/drum machine but I would like to incorporate a hardware sampler for some yummy warmth…

I was thinking of using the mpc 3000 to process drums (mostly) to get that “crunch” and then arranging in renoise.

This can be done right?? Better alternatives (bedsides vsts) for drum processing?? If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I would very much appreciate it :)

pardon my noobishness

cheers :drummer:

People on forums say the akai s3000 has the same sound, that would make it a lot cheaper alternative.
I think I would use the mpc other way round, mpc as sequencer and renoise as sampler, as you have more
possibilities in renoise when it comes to chopping, manipulating your samples.

Thnaks for your reply Clapz!

anyone else?..I’m talking crazy arent I? :dribble:

Well, it will work.

But I don’t see too much point in this, you can do most of what you can do with mpc + some more with just plain Renoise.

But whattabout that Roger Linn 12 bit crunch!!!>???

I’d guess you can reproduce that too in software. But if you think the mpc sounds cooler, just go for it. That’s the most imporant thing isn’t it, knowing the sound you want, and going towards it the ways you know.

You can drive MPC with renoise just fine. You just have to know your limits:

• You can’t apply effects on external stuff (without creating a loopback into renoise)
  • You can’t “render selection to sample”. (You can record it back to renoise though, with pattern sync enabled)
  • You are bound to all of the MPC limits (unless you resample.)

i use an Akai S-6000, as my main sampler, recording most of my audio into this first, chopping and processing this, then bouncing into renoise, best of both worlds, i really want an Mpc 60, and an SP1200, big monies tho :)

awesome! I hear the SP1200 sounds the best.

thanks for your input everyone! :yeah:

the Sp1200 is 12bit which has a massive effect on the sound, but only has 10 seconds sampling time, max :(

I’d look into Maschine. You can run it as a vst in renoise and you can even drag and drop Maschine patterns straight into the renoise instrument slots as rendered audio. Also there’s an immensely useful maschine template for renoise shared here in the forum.

I agree with SUVA , there is much more possible with renoise .
Further if you go for the sound of a sampler there are tons of good hardware with its own sound.
Emu Emax , akai s950 ( for that dj premier crunch, not the same but comes close), roland s330 ,
Akai s20,Zoom ST 224 etc.

Here’s the Maschine template for Renoise I mentioned:

Maschine also has sampling modes with excellent SP1200/MPC60 emulation.

Battery 3 has just been updated with vintage sampling modes (MPC60 and SP1200) and might be a more cost effective solution than maschine, being three times + cheaper. Assuming your interested mainly in that sound rather than the pads / hardware interface that is. It also comes with one of the most comprehensive and best sounding drum libraries I’ve heard - IMHO of course!