Multi send

Send audio from 1 track to x amount of send tracks for editing. And i’m not talking about multiband send, just from 1 track to for example s1 and s2 and s3 and s4 and s5 etc.

and…

I don’t know if it is already possible in renoise to send audio back from a send track to an “normal” track to create a feedback.

from 1 track to for example s1 and s2 and s3 and s4 and s5 etc.

Just in case it’s not already obvious, you can place multiple send devices in series and enable “Keep Source” for all but the last one (and the last one should typically have “Mute Source” enabled by default). This will allow the signal to pass through each send device in the chain, sending the audio to each of the desired send tracks. Obviously not as a convenient as a single device to handle it all at once, but it is at least already possible.

6342 renoise-send-series.png

I don’t know if it is already possible in renoise to send audio back from a send track to an “normal” track to create a feedback.

All audio in Renoise is processed in a strict left to right order. Once you’ve routed something to a send track, it’s not possible to feed it back again.

I would certainly welcome a multi send device, I tend to use a lot of send devices and it gets confusing to find them and see which is the correct one I need to be using sometimes.

Put them in a doofer.

Put them in a doofer.

Sure, but no one is talking about functionality that doesn’t exist, just something which would be an improvement. Doofers can be a pain, especially when you start needing to automate things inside them (LFOs, send destinations etc).

I see.

Actually, I thought this would be a handy trick all the same but it seems that you can’t put sends in doofers.

Huh? You are right. That is kind of weird. Seems to be a bug.

Just in case it’s not already obvious, you can place multiple send devices in series and enable “Keep Source” for all but the last one (and the last one should typically have “Mute Source” enabled by default). This will allow the signal to pass through each send device in the chain, sending the audio to each of the desired send tracks. Obviously not as a convenient as a single device to handle it all at once, but it is at least already possible.

attachicon.gifrenoise-send-series.png

All audio in Renoise is processed in a strict left to right order. Once you’ve routed something to a send track, it’s not possible to feed it back again.

I’m already aware of that solution, but the “problem” is dat you have to keep the source. I want to split frequencies and edit them, the multi send device is not enough for me. I also know that you can put send devices in the send tracks but it is verytedious and confusing.

It is just something that I want to point out, it would be a very welcome improvement :).

“All audio in Renoise is processed in a strict left to right order. Once you’ve routed something to a send track, it’s not possible to feed it back again.”

Ok, clear thnx

Ok fair enough for now, I think I found a way to let the source shut up. Just put a gainer on the end of the send chain and set it to 0 dB. Stupid of me not to think about that earlier.

conclusion:

It is possible in renoise to send audio from one track to several send tracks without hearing the source, just put a gainer (set on 0dB) on the END of the chain send devices (just as blue mentioned: keep source on all send devices). Now you can only hear the send tracks.

If you have 5 send devices in your chain, then Keep Source is only required for the first 4, just to keep the original signal flowing through all of them, before finally hitting the 5th and final send device. The last send device in the chain should then have Mute Source enabled, to close the loop.

A muted Gainer at the end also works just fine. :wink:

If you have 5 send devices in your chain, then Keep Source is only required for the first 4, just to keep the original signal flowing through all of them, before finally hitting the 5th and final send device. The last send device in the chain should then have Mute Source enabled, to close the loop.

A muted Gainer at the end also works just fine. :wink:

Yeah off course you’re right :). thnx!!!