musicradar Poll: What's the best DAW in the world today?

Yeah… these polls are worthless. However it’s perfect for content editors : no work, much comments.

The sole presence of Ardour and Garage Band proves it.

Moreover… Renoise is more a musical instrument with limited DAW functionality (for instance : no multi tracking) whereas ProTools the exact opposite.

Apple, pear and oranges.

Meh.

I voted for Renoise.

What’s the best DAW in the world right now? (October 2018)

>Yes, it’s time for our annual poll, which we’ve been running for longer than some of the applications on our list have actually existed. As usual, there will be those who say that it’s impossible to vote for a ‘best’ DAW, given that all of them do their job so well, but where’s the fun in that?

https://www.musicradar.com/news/whats-the-best-daw-software-all-in-the-world-today

The people living in my house told me that this is the only program to produce music? They often make strange jokes with Fosterr, so now Fosterr is confused. I cannot visit other sites than those they would let me visit. Please help Fosterr.

Voted and revoted for Renoise. I miss my second best software that i use Harrison Mixbus

I voted for Bitwig, because it could be the best DAW, if the devs would listen to my feature suggestions. Ok they actually do, but it needs some performance fixes. Then it is the best DAW in the world. And then Taktik needs to add a pattern view…

Voted S1. It’s objectively the best traditional DAW.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that ( shitty ) magazine choose 'microsoft paint ’ as best daw

Voted for Renoise. It’s what you do with the DAW that makes it your “best DAW in the world”. It comes down to the application in my opinion. Imagine tracking a full band on a tracker. It’s possible using a click track, but it’ll be super tedious work.

Voted S1. It’s objectively the best traditional DAW.

Interesting. Why would you say it’s the best? I understand you say ‘objectively’ - do you also agree?

Interesting. Why would you say it’s the best? I understand you say ‘objectively’ - do you also agree?

To show my support of it! Like someone said, this is a popularity contest rather than a quality contest :wink:

To be honest, I haven’t tried Logic or Protools, so I can’t really say if S1 is better than those. But it beats cubase, reaper, cakewalk… and has a reasonable price.

When it comes to performance , nothing beats Reaper .

I wouldn’t be surprised if that ( shitty ) magazine choose 'microsoft paint ’ as best daw

MS Excel for qwerty-based audio clip launching. People always want a “inspirational workflow.” For my dark ambient projects I want depressing so I rent out a office cubicle, tack on a “hang in there” cat poster, bring in a stained coffee mug, set up a photo frame with just the stock photo it comes with, listen to the fluorescent lights hum and fire up Excel with samples of copy machines, wobbly out of phase “on-hold” music, people sighing, and 80s power ballads and just do my meager budget until I feel like making a half-finished song.

This poll is just stupid as:
What is the best multiplayer weapon in call of duty?
Different maps, game modes / different weapons

If I had opt only for one daw, would take reaper
boring but a better allrounder as renoise (most fun) or bitwig (nice but half backed and buggy)