Mutant Breaks #10

That was cool. Rigged, of course ;), but cool.

I have no complaints as I was situated nicely in the middle. Definitely gave me a slight edge when it comes to hockey-puck distribution in narrow back alleys :badteeth:

Btw: I have gotten requests for stickers from the following ppl: PBF, ulrikkold, mars.64, Land of Bits, Komu and BotB.

If you were among the finalists and want to get some sticky love, send me a PM within the next few days.

Fun fact: The stickers are worth more than third prize! :badteeth:

Congrats to the winners! That was a fantastic way to choose the finalists. I had to get my wife to watch as well it was so awesome. Canā€™t think of a better way to choose a winner then back alley slapshot.

Cheers Conner_BW for doing this. Canā€™t wait for the next one :w00t:

Fantastic, what a finale, hahaha! Congratulations to the winners! Conner, thanks a kazillion for hosting this shit the past 10 years. Youā€™re an inspiration and a crazy motivator. Danoise and Achenar, thanks for enabling Dac and allowing all this shit to happen!

THANK YOU everybody who joined, for this batch of insane music! Many happy listens, the fun aint over yet!

Many cheers for the votes, support and kind words, despite my song being 10 years too late theme-wise. Being an angry internet punk has finally payed off!

L<3ve!

i wonder whoā€™s going to ā€¦take the lead in hosting the comp for next year :slight_smile:

Congrats to the winners! Lots of dope shit in the playlist. So many entries! Hope Iā€™m in better condition next year to try my best. It was a veryā€¦sportive election ceremony.

Also congrats to LOB I hope u can now deal with the hp logo properly, orā€¦donā€™t say the bumpers are transparent aside from the red logoā€¦hehehā€¦

Congrats to the winners! Lots of dope shit in the playlist. So many entries! Hope Iā€™m in better condition next year to try my best. It was a veryā€¦sportive election ceremony.

Also congrats to LOB I hope u can now deal with the hp logo properly, orā€¦donā€™t say the bumpers are transparent aside from the red logoā€¦hehehā€¦

bro jjeje ā€¦i already told danoise my plans for the stickers :slight_smile:

im sticking them to the case of a new desktop pc that iā€™m buildingā€¦:slight_smile:

im pretty excited about it its going to be a really powerful pc at some point jj hopefully ā€¦it would help me create better tutorials ā€¦and also to properly deal with the video editing that iā€™m making in my non musical free time :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

congrats to the winners again ā€¦next time don;t put my name ā€¦right next to danoise :frowning: ā€¦jajaaj nahhh im kidding

thanks you all :slight_smile:

@LOB you will be very pleased with more cpu power availableā€¦I watched some tut from you on sound design, and felt for you seeing the cpu usage for rather little number of fx, and hearing the immanent cracklingā€¦ You will be able to do much more intricate processing with more power, unlocking dimensions in sound design, and everything live, having to resample less often. Though it can be a time eating trap to be able to go back in chain all the time to fix things on different lvls, or tweak sounds at numerous parameters to chase the perfect visionā€¦ Well, one still can learn a lot by doing so, but it partially has something to do why I couldnā€™t finish any mbc entry in timeā€¦

@Conner, Itā€™s wonderful you have your daughter participate, it really adds weight and meaning, cheers for the long run.

@the general music and production talk. You guys using Renoise should be really dignified in making music alone or mostly alone. From composition to production curation, itā€™s a feat to acquire those skills in whatever genre you choose. Personally, counterpoint polyphony is something I always need to work on, always.

@LOB you will be very pleased with more cpu power availableā€¦I watched some tut from you on sound design, and felt for you seeing the cpu usage for rather little number of fx, and hearing the immanent cracklingā€¦ You will be able to do much more intricate processing with more power, unlocking dimensions in sound design, and everything live, having to resample less often. Though it can be a time eating trap to be able to go back in chain all the time to fix things on different lvls, or tweak sounds at numerous parameters to chase the perfect visionā€¦ Well, one still can learn a lot by doing so, but it partially has something to do why I couldnā€™t finish any mbc entry in timeā€¦

yeahhh man :frowning:

my current cpuā€¦sucks

AMD Fx 9800p quadcore :frowning:

the video you are talking about its the neuro bass sound design video i put out the other dayā€¦i hope that if you download the XRNI

you could ve seen the instruments ā€¦and properly listen to it :slight_smile:

also ive been wanting to do a full series on Future Audio Workshop

Circle2

they gave me a free copy in exchange for sound designā€¦

honestly i have not been able to use for the ā€¦extra cpu load it represents in ā€¦compare to the usual synths i use which is Reaktor 6

Hey guys, I dunno if any of you read this book, I did sometime back and itā€™s very insightful for any musician (jazz or not) I suppose especially the performing types :slight_smile: @j-qak take note :wink: Far more than only music I personally like the fact that he makes an extensive commentary about the very nature of our systems and its pitfalls and his experiences in deconstructing themā€¦itā€™s a mindset thing actually.

http://kennywerner.com/effortless-mastery

An excerpt:

Where does fear originate? From the mind? Yes, but not the ā€universal mind,ā€ or the ā€over mind,ā€ or the ā€collective unconscious.ā€ Rather, fear originates in our ā€little mind.ā€ One may call that little mind the ego. Let us set aside the Freudian and post-Freudian debate on what the ego is or isnā€™t. For our purposes, we are referring to the ego as the limited ā€Iā€consciousness. It is the lens through which we perceive our competition. This is where problems originate: heā€™s younger than I, more talented, and so forth. By contrast, dissolution of the ego and union with the divine is the goal ofIndian music. Oneness with the universal mind is called sadhana, the supreme act of ego surrender of merging individual identity into the objectworshiped.ā€ The trancedancer has the same goal.Tyrannized by our egos, we live in a state the Hindus call maya, or delusion. Engrossed in maya, we canā€™t see the magnificence of who we really are. We think we need so much. Desires multiply, and we knownothing of real inner happiness. ā€The clouds of emotion obscure the clearsight of the soul.ā€ We seek safety in ā€job securityā€ and obsess about our level of play. Fear sabotages us at every turn. Taking an honest inventory of our musicianship is difficult. Some feel more comfortable condemning themselves totally than accurately assessing their strengths and weaknesses. They are usually defeated by a sense of futility before they play the first note. Others believe themselves to be better than they are, not wanting to face the gaps they need to work on. Their performances tend to hit or miss, but they rationalize that their best performances are how they really play, and their worst performances are flukes. Itā€™s not really them. In this way they avoid fixing and cleaning upwhat needs to be fixed and cleaned. In either case, the disclosure of flawsin their playing hurts. Because there is so much emotion attached to theflaws, the latter group would try to overlook them, and the former would usethem as evidence that they stink. Improvement is delayed for years, or perhaps forever.

ā€¦

the absence of this threaD now its going to leave a ā€¦void in the forumā€¦

can we scroll. the waitingā€¦

or make the competitionsā€¦a bit more regularā€¦

not just a one time a year thing :frowning:

ā€¦

the absence of this threaD now its going to leave a ā€¦void in the forumā€¦

can we scroll. the waitingā€¦

or make the competitionsā€¦a bit more regularā€¦

not just a one time a year thing :frowning:

If you run a comp with at least one invisible dinosaur prize, Iā€™m in. But in doing so you also claim ownership to continue the tradition of Mutant Breakz.

If you run a comp with at least one invisible dinosaur prize, Iā€™m in. But in doing so you also claim ownership to continue the tradition of Mutant Breakz.

bro as much as i would love thatā€¦ :slight_smile:

i cant take responsibility. for such an important tradition :slight_smile:

but a small ā€¦competition ā€¦using a provided samplepackā€¦and entries in the ā€¦fashion of MBCā€¦with the same voting system

would be kinda coolā€¦

as for the price ā€¦we can think of somethingā€¦maybe the winner gets a repost ā€¦in SC or stuff like thatā€¦for everyā€¦contestant .

really i dont knowā€¦i simply make youtube videos :slight_smile:

but we can figure it out in a separate threadā€¦it would be cool for the community ā€¦

ā€¦

ā€¦leave a ā€¦void in the forumā€¦
(

Itā€™s like visiting your lovers grave every year on an old steam train to a remote and desolate part of town and long for her and think about your days of youth with her and she comes alive and kisses youā€¦but alas she has to return to the netherworld yet again till next year.

Oh wait you can see that right hereā€¦

https://youtu.be/u617RilV5wU

This is exactly what makes it special, even if it hurts.

:drummer:Congratz to da winnaz :drummer:

Thanks Conner_Bw for the kind french words. To be honnest, yes I have absolutely all the archives of all the MBC in MP3, but Iā€™m still looking for the XRNS files for MBC3 :badteeth:

Can we please make Matthew Silver the theme for MB11 please. Itā€™d be so funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1aOnK-vSvs

WINNERS ANNOUNCED:

https://youtu.be/3VkH-9Er_Pw

Congratulations. Winners private message me your emails so I can send you some presents over Paypal.

Happy 2017.

Thank you for Showing All The Winners in My Competition dedicated to Sportive Icehockey in the end Video.

I have said to My Girl Pammellalalala of this. She now wants to be friends more than ever. This is going to be My Competition after all.

Make Sure to wear All Protective Gear with Sportive Icehockey. Sometimes, the ice, the Other Players, or the Boarding gets hard.

Special thanks to PBF who spent his prize money on Purdys Chocolates for my daughter (whoā€™s mom will most likely stealā€¦) So good. My daughter says she will use the bow as a hair ribbon.

Hhahah so awesome. Glad you and the fam are enjoying them. Thanks again for putting this awesome competition together every year :clownstep: