Mutant Breaks #10

And weird

Show me on the emoji where Achenar touched you.

Congratulation guys awesome edition!! (again should I say.)

I would vote for :

Sonic Deadhorseโ€”Dead575 No End in Sight For The Rain(nearly electroacoustic dubstep soundscape)

JTPEโ€”Jonas78 - Vergeten (My Noons Version)(originality on the mix and renoise master.)

Msymiakos โœชโ€”Tribute To Mutant Breaks (Free Download)(the classic sound we all love.)

Sorry that not all the 40 entries are on soundcloudโ€ฆ I hope to have them all sometime.

Cheers and keep creating!

My votes in no particular order:

James Britt/Neurogami - Resistor [Reminds me of old school Plaid back when they were Black Dog Productions. Like something off their album Bytes. Really like it]

21esthers - Aerothetic [The Aphex Twin vibe I got off this was strong. Particularly in the melodies. Very nice listen]

Dead575 - No End In Sight For The Rain [Nice production, but most of all I like the variety and experimentation in the sounds. I love some good sound design, and experimentation. This had lots of it. Really nice]

Kinda torn there at the end between a few tracks, hard to come to a decision. Anyway, well done everyone.

1. Glixxando - pump models, best clap variations ever heard in music, super nicely processed

2. Glixxando - pump models, wonderful panning and stereo work, best mix

3. Glixxando - pump models, best overall mood and message for me as a German

OK heres my Top 3โ€ฆ

3 - Hyperunknown - High of the Ground

2 - XKernel - Maxmastered

1- BotB - All my idols are dead and my enemies are in power

iโ€™m not big on reviewsโ€ฆ:frowning:

but i really like a lot of the tracks in this competitionโ€ฆ โ€ฆrenoise users are really talented musicians and producers :slight_smile:

which is awesome โ€ฆ

see you in december 16โ€ฆ

1. Msymiakos - Tribute To Mutant Breaks

Old school as f*ck, awesome. Brought back some 90โ€™s memories :slight_smile:

2. I am Vivace - All my idols are dead and my enemies are in power

Mean stuff, love the evil vibes all around. Sweet vocs, as is tradition!

3. ulrikkold - Coolium - Mikrohouse

Mesmerizing minimalism, something sooo strange going on with that mixโ€ฆ

Honorable mention:

Redman - Air

Really enjoy this song, but canโ€™t feel the mutantz so no top 3 :frowning:

Very nice entries this year, most impressive!

Hello,

This is my voteโ€ฆ Sorry my english is bad :

My prefer :

1. I am vivace - Acid Rock N Roll and Rap voice : )

2. HeartBeatHero - Good melody, good ambiance, addictive track !

3. user3315860525 - jyu - Electronic Minimal with a good production

Others track i like :

Sonic DeadHors - Perfect mix, many good sounds/fx, very good stereo

hyperunknow - High Off The Ground - excellent singers ! very good synth

Garfferen - Very electronic with a child spirit, i like !

It was hard to choose - lots of good tracks here. I managed to boil it down to these three, in no particular order:

(Unfortunately I havenโ€™t had the time to look at the xrns files โ€ฆ)

binary.stereo - Mars64 UnqualifiedShite: Nice, chunky breaks. Pads and plucked strings create a good atmosphere. Tempo and groove on point. Nice variations. Not too kean on the long speech. Itโ€™s a bit preachy and it does go on.

Hyperunknown - High off the ground: Great chords and female vocals. Not a fan of the rap vocals - theyโ€™re a bit too Bomfunk MCs for me. Quite professional sounding, but could do with more punchy mastering.

Msymiakos - Tribute to Mutant Breaks: Classic jungle that works really well. Not very original, and the breaks could have had more emphasis, but very listenable. My kind of thing.

Runners up:

Sonic Deadhorse: Great programming. Maybe a little bit too arty for my tastes.

Vaeprism: Cool stuff, but Iโ€™m not a fan of the wobble bass.

Ulrikkold: Brave experiment. Big ups for uncompromising attitude! But will I listen to it again? Probably not.

Land of Bits: In and out of the top three. Glitches toward the end not a complete success, IMO.

D Fast: I wish everyone made songs under two and half minutes. I like it, but too little happens in the first half and too much in the last half.

Garfferen: Almost put this in the top three (very good stuff), but the bass hits became a bit grating on the ears in the long run.

I liked most of the tracks that were submitted, except my own.

About voting: Mastering, or the lack thereof, plays a huge role when you listen to many tracks in row. The loud ones jump out at you and the quiet ones sound powerless and feeble by comparison. It took some adjusting of the ears and the volume controls to create fair listening conditions and I am not 100 % convinced I dinโ€™t let perceived loudness influence my decisions. Then again, I guess thatโ€™s part of the competition too.

About voting: Mastering, or the lack thereof, plays a huge role when you listen to many tracks in row. The loud ones jump out at you and the quiet ones sound powerless and feeble by comparison. It took some adjusting of the ears and the volume controls to create fair listening conditions and I am not 100 % convinced I dinโ€™t let perceived loudness influence my decisions. Then again, I guess thatโ€™s part of the competition too.

Careful with that pandoraโ€™s box :stuck_out_tongue:

Mein Voten:

1. Land Of Bits - Mutant Glitch Shit

2. 21 Esters - Aerothetic

3. Bellows - Holy Shit

My votes in (no) particular order:

• Garfferen โ€” Mutant X
  • Land Of Bits โ€” Mutant Glitch Shit - Type-A
  • EatMe (โ„ฎ) โ€” EatMe - Another Backup Reminder

This time I enjoyed many tracks! Good work guys!

Here be my voties oโ€™er yonder hither:

21esters - love the awkward fluttery piano with the breakcore jungle breaks and curious lead synth line. The whole track listens very nicely. I am wistfully reminded of my most recent dump. Two flushes up.

sonic deadhorse - immaculate sound designs and cuts, atop convincing atmospherics that have my ears puzzled! I envision a Feudal Japanese Deliverance. Fun rain/drum solo. Music as heard through robot ears. Industrial Machinery Step with a twang. Robots donโ€™t poop.

msymiakos - undeniably dope golden era jungle. Classic timestretch using the name of the compโ€ฆ classy gassy every time! I will require some beano after that delicious bassline.

Great work all around, thanks for sharing all of your awesome methods!

Didnโ€™t really capture reviews of everyoneโ€™s tunes per se, but hereโ€™s what I did write if it counts. I couldnโ€™t help but think of how to structure these to be a video game soundtrack. Well that and poop references. Fill in the blanks :stuck_out_tongue:

d fast - dumpfloor banger sweet bassline design and fills

heartbeathero - video game old school hardcore journey through the toilet selection screen

komu - new neurowave gothstep makes me feel like iโ€™m going to snowcrash on the dumpfloor any minute now

burital - a 420 dump and bass stepper to get the bowels moving

wrong - watercloset jungle phat beats armagheddon on the throneseats

crash noise division - bunglecore boss battles for acoustic dominance that didnโ€™t forget to wipe

james britt - neurogami

acodreon - lofi bit crushed whalespeak.

• 21esters - aphex twin in disguise

glixxando - mary had a little lamb polka game over music

hanz meyzer lab - sky level jungle music

thebellows - chase scene jungle music

stailer - end scene and credits music

cyberocean - technology land journey through oldschool ardcore slowdown

ghismart - 4 o nthe floor. this track is shit.

i am vivace - muddled punk rap tech core

raegae system - jam sesh dnb

• sonic deadhorse - what the fuck is this sound design! psychsteppin montage scene where 7 years of events become cl

ear to the main character

garfferen - first level adventure music

user3315860525 - space cutscenes between itโ€™s own cutscenes, and why wonโ€™t this damn thing start

basic methods - large intestine house music percolating earholes

robodub - glitchy sidequest where time is controlled by the blips and bloops

bean machine - psychological brown noise permeates the silica in steady 4-to=the-floor sound butt nuggets

JTPE - purdy twings frenetic lofi edits

head for the hills - dream sequence music fun hatwork

vaeprism - bewweeeep halfstepper for the [typed] dialogue background music

hyperunknown - vocal floaty dnb

• msymiakos - because itโ€™s hella good golden era jungle

ulrikkold - super quiet clicks. this is the music you hear coming from the worker ant cave off in the distance

eatme - peppy chordy dnb

land of bits - fun arps and synth wave. Of course, this is the neon clad flashback to the 80โ€™s scene where everything moves in slow motion and itโ€™s all so clear. Deepness.

ss+p+b+f+ss - breakcore gabber madness

I created the Votepack but my home internet is too slow to upload. I will upload it at work tomorrow morning. Please double check?

X
โ”œโ”€โ”€ ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ 00.1 - 20171114 Tue Mb10.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ 21testers - Aerothetic.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ BasicMethods - 2017_deep_.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Bean Machine - Insecticide Shower.m4a
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ BotB aka vivace - allmyidolsaredeadandmyenemiesareinpower.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Burital - MBC10.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Crash_Noise_Division-Shitstorm_Mutant_Breaks_10.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ danoise aka glixxando - Pump models.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ deadhorse - dead575glitch2.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ dfast - mbcx-hunger.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Djeroek aka Jonas78 - Jonas78 - vergeten (My noons version - 102 bpm).ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ EatMe - Another Backup Reminder.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ eee_9250 - mbc.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ encryptedmind - In Memoriam (Lucid 6AM Mix).ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ ffx aka Hanz Meyzer - The Shit ][.m4a
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Garf aka Garfferen - Mutant X.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Head For Hills - Ultraviolet.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ HeartBeatHero - Putcha Hey!.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ hyperunknown - High off the ground.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ J-qak aka Kosmonaut - Ten Years Today.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Kommandotolken aka Xkernel - Max Masterad.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Komu - The Bouncer.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Land of Bits - Mutant Glitch Shit - Type-A.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Msymiakos - Tribute To Mutant Breaks.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Neurogami - Mutant_Breaks_10_Master.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ PBF - BalkFriday (Mutant Breaks 10).mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ powieff aka acodreon - sith tit shit shit blow my whistle bitx0E.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Raegae - ShittyDub.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Redman - Air.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Robodub - Octo Man And His Ash.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ Sam aka Wrong - Know Dat.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ sokoban - can_you_feel_the_shit.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ stailer - Ten For Eternity (feat eSoreni).mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ TheBellows - Holy Shit-Mutant Breaks #10.ogg
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ TwoThreeZero - JYU.mp3
โ”‚ โ”œโ”€โ”€ ulrikkold aka Coolium - Mikrohouse.ogg
โ”‚ โ””โ”€โ”€ ฮ”BฤฏSฦงศ”ลก แนผร˜ศŠรฦŽ aka Vaeprism - Decagon-Mutant_Breaks10_Vaeprism.ogg
โ””โ”€โ”€ xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ 21esters - aerothetic.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ BasicMethods - 2017_deep_.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Bean Machine - Insecticide Shower.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ BotB aka vivace - allmyidolsaredeadandmyenemiesareinpower.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Burital - MBC10.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Crash_Noise_Division - Shitstorm-Mutant_Breaks_10.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ danoise aka glixxando - pump models.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ dfast - mbcx-hunger.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Djeroek aka Jonas78 - Jonas78 - vergeten (My noons version - 102 bpm).xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ eee_9250 - mbc17_m.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Garf aka Garfferen - Mutant X.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Head For Hills - Ultraviolet.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ HeartBeatHero - Putcha Hey! v5.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ hyperunknown - High off the ground.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ J-qak aka Kosmonaut - tenyears_final.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Kommandotolken aka Xkernel - Max Masterad.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Komu - The Bouncer.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Land of Bits - Mutant Glitch Shit - Type-A.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Mars64 - UnqualifiedSuccess-MutantBreaks-010.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Msymiakos - Tribute To Mutant Breaks.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Neurogami - Mutant_Breaks_10.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ PBF - BalkFriday (Mutant Breaks 10).xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ powieff aka acodreon - sith tit shit shit blow my whistle bitx0E.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Raegae - ShittyDub.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Robodub - Octo Man And His Ash.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Sam aka Wrong - Know Dat.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ sokoban - can_you_feel_the_shit.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ stailer - Ten For Eternity (feat eSoreni).xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ TheBellows - Holy Shit-Mutant Breaks #10.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ TwoThreeZero - JYU.xrns
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ ulrikkold aka Coolium - Mikrohouse.xrns
    โ””โ”€โ”€ ฮ”BฤฏSฦงศ”ลก แนผร˜ศŠรฦŽ aka Vaperism - Decagon-Mutant_Breaks10_Vaeprism ____ X.xrns

Donโ€™t let that stop you from voting. Scour the thread,the soundcloud playlist, etc.

1. glixxando โ€” pump models (mbc#10) ; because i donโ€™t know exactly why but it has been an instant coup de coeur

2. 21 Esters โ€” Aerothetic ; because it sounds like if Aphex Twin did Analord 12

3. $$ยฑ Pโ€กBโ€กF ยฑ$$ โ€” BalkFriday (Renoise Mutant Breaks 10) ; because hardcore will never die and we have now the confirmation of it

Stream Renoise | Listen to Mutant Breaks #10 - 10 Years Of This Shit. Wow! playlist online for free on SoundCloud

OK, hereโ€™s the Soundcloud playlist. By my count there were 40 entries, 33 of which are on there. If yours is missing let me know.

• ffx - You entered twice, so Iโ€™ve added your second entry to the playlist.
  • Two people quit.
  • J-qak, eee_9250, encrypted mind, Redman - Didnโ€™t publish their tracks on Soundcloud.

Just created Soundclound account. Can you add me in, pls? Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/kosmonautkosmo/ten-years-today

I created the Votepack but my home internet is too slow to upload. I will upload it at work tomorrow morning. Please double check?

I think Iโ€™m missing from the votepack? Binary.stereo on soundcloud. Iโ€™m in the xrns list tho. Thanks Connor!

I think Iโ€™m missing from the votepack? Binary.stereo on soundcloud. Iโ€™m in the xrns list tho. Thanks Connor!

I couldnโ€™t download the track. Can you turn on downloads and iโ€™ll put you in there.

I couldnโ€™t download the track. Can you turn on downloads and iโ€™ll put you in there.

Weird, coulda sworn it was enabled earlier. Enabled now.

Vaeprism: Cool stuff, but Iโ€™m not a fan of the wobble bass.

Generally Iโ€™m not either, spent a year or two in a warehouse that put on shows, particularly a lot of dubstep parties and since have generally avoided wobbly bass like the plague hehe. Not sure how it found itโ€™s way into this, perhaps it was a plugin tenth on my list? :slight_smile:

Awesome turnout guys! Will get onto listening to it and doin the vote/review thang asap. Big Thanks Conner_Bw! and cheers Achenar for the playlist.

Just created Soundclound account. Can you add me in, pls? Thanks.

Sorted.