Mutant Breaks Competition #15: Mix it up and make some friends!

Excellent, welcome!

1 Like

i’d like to participate. haven’t used renoise for half year. now that new version is out would be fun to come back and collaborate

1 Like

I guess it’s time to stop lurking. I’d like to join too!

2 Likes

Not to sound negative, but i just can’t see what this has to do with Mutant Breaks? Why can’t you rather call it something else instead of stealing a name on a competition and change its concept completely? IMO it’s kinda disrespectful to Conner_Bw who kept the tradition for so many years.

1 Like

(Sorry @Neuro_No_Neuro the forum thinks I replied to you and now I can’t undo it?)

Hey! Sounds like fun, count me in.

I’m going to guess @eretsua was inspired by some of the other spinoff competitions, so I think it’s forgivable if he’s not aware.The main thing is that MBC is a yearly compo, so calling this #15 is also pretty confusing when we’ve had one main MBC every year for the last decade or so. Personally I’d go with “Mutant Collab Competition” or something like that.

2 Likes

There was a discussion in another thread about setting up this competition and the name Mutant Break was mentioned. I did consider whether or not it would be appropriate to use the name MBC. A quick search on the forum showed that the last few competitions were set up up by various people. Now looking into this further it seems like Conner_Bw stopped organizing them 10 years ago after MBC#6. Anyway, while it may at one point have been a yearly event, the last few appear to have wildly different starting dates. For me this made it a clear cut case of asking for forgiveness, rather than permission. But maybe I’m wrong about interpreting these more recent ones as MBCs. And I am happy to change the name if more people come forward saying they would prefer that.

2 Likes

@H3ADL3SS & @Skolskoly welcome! Great to have you onboard!

He did #9 and #10 too and he started the whole thing and the concept has been more or less unchanged all these years, so you could perhaps ask Conner in a pm if he approves?

1 Like

Sent them a message and asked if they could publicly respond in this thread.

doesn’t seem necessary to me. I certainly didn’t ask anyone’s permission to restart it at MBC 13. it is intentionally anarchic :metal:

also, there have been a variety of themes/orientations for past mbcs. this certainly seems like a legit theme (collab + genre bending) to me

of all the things that need gatekept in this world, MBC doesn’t strike me as one of them lol. but that’s just my opinion

2 Likes

That’s the way I feel about it, too. But it’s easy enough to send a message. And hopefully it’ll put people at ease and jump on board. More participants would be fun!

1 Like

Thanks for considering me. I’m not really doing anything related to this contest anymore. I guess things can change? Have fun.

Bring back kazakore’s dead dog compo too :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Conner!

Friendly reminder:
Registration closes coming Tuesday.
MBC#15 starts on Friday the 1st.

Join the fun!

i’d like to participate

2 Likes

Sweet!!! Added you to the list Lneheb.

Come’on people closing time around the corner. Ideally we end up with an even number of participants. So at least one more. But preferably 3, 5 or 7 more of you. :smiley:

come on you slags!

don’t be skeered. it’ll be fun :smiley:

1 Like

i would like to enter if it’s not too late

2 Likes

Good to have you, corb!

1 Like

Registration closes in 23 hours.