Mutant Breaks Competition #15: Mix it up and make some friends!

what about 3-person team?
1st person makes 1st genre
2nd person makes 2nd genre
3rd person does the initial mashup of both genres :smiley:
1st and 2nd person chime in and evolve that bit :stuck_out_tongue:

then we got teams competing… instead of personal one :smiley:

1 Like

It’s a neat idea, but let’s save that one for a future challenge as well. First see what 2 people working together can come up with. Then take it from there.

1 Like

There is also this:

Perhaps teams that want to can grab one of the generated genres here as a jumping off point

1 Like

That’s cool. It doesn’t really matter how you choose your genres. As long as you venture into new territories.

i’d like to join!

1 Like

Certainly ishineee, welcome!

1 Like

:wave: :hushed: :raised_back_of_hand:
More contestants?!?!

1 Like

Let me (spam-)invite the people who participated in the previous two MBCs.

Yo!
@kyk @supercomputer60s @AQBreee @Adrezonar @Lneheb @TheBellows @Floss_Daily @alien7 @stoiximan @t35513r

Come join our collaboration MBC#15 starting September 1st.
See the first post for details.

2 Likes

Yo!
@sokoban @highway_rehab @elias @TNT @olivier @_kara @SimulatedZen @Achenar @MemoryCanyon @klusterbounce

Yo!

@dfast @Woodpecking_Mantis @PrinzNika @selecta440 @Neuro_No_Neuro @Daed @BotB @Jonas @00.1 @Hamatabe-Sound

Yo!
@slugwife @13_2 @Terumi @Skolskoly @selecta440

Okay, that concludes my spamvite. :wink:

Thanks for the invite! I’m up to my neck in music composition (next album) at the moment, but will consider in the future.

1 Like

I will have a go at Gabber + Ambient

1 Like

@Neuro_No_Neuro I fully understand you want to focus on your next album. A pity for us but good for you!

Hold on. You’ll be randomly paired with another participant on September 1st. And together you need to choose your genres and make a track.

1 Like

ahha!. Ok let me know which categorie it will be. Or who is paired with me.

1 Like

Excellent, welcome!

1 Like

i’d like to participate. haven’t used renoise for half year. now that new version is out would be fun to come back and collaborate

1 Like

I guess it’s time to stop lurking. I’d like to join too!

2 Likes

Not to sound negative, but i just can’t see what this has to do with Mutant Breaks? Why can’t you rather call it something else instead of stealing a name on a competition and change its concept completely? IMO it’s kinda disrespectful to Conner_Bw who kept the tradition for so many years.

1 Like

(Sorry @Neuro_No_Neuro the forum thinks I replied to you and now I can’t undo it?)

Hey! Sounds like fun, count me in.

I’m going to guess @eretsua was inspired by some of the other spinoff competitions, so I think it’s forgivable if he’s not aware.The main thing is that MBC is a yearly compo, so calling this #15 is also pretty confusing when we’ve had one main MBC every year for the last decade or so. Personally I’d go with “Mutant Collab Competition” or something like that.

2 Likes