Mutant Breaks Competition #16: Voting Thread | Everyone can vote!

don’t fret, take your time, realworld can be a bitch.

1 Like

My votes:

1. @_kara , that space of your track is something alright. It’s weird, cold, unwelcoming and maybe even downright hostile. But it’s a place I keep visiting.

2. @t35513r Pr0t0type’s Server Migrations never go as planned. It sounds great, it’s violent and I like it.

3. @Fabrice Make a wish! Honestly, I think the track is a bit of a mess / the mix could have been a bit tighter. But the track just makes me happy. I ended up bobbing my head to it. And it’s a different flavor form the other entries, making it stand out to me.

When it comes to the best mix for me. It’s big, it’s overwhelming, it’s @H3ADL3SS 's unbounded. That track could have easily been in my top 3 also.

1 Like

First off, apologies for the delay in wrapping this up. Secondly thank you all for participating. I’m over the moon with all your submissions. The quality is top notch!

Now time to formally announce the winners! Unfortunately, I don’t have time to figure out the bonus points. And I don’t want to delay this any further. So we’re going purely based on the votes.

And the winner with 40 points is @t35513r Congratulations!

The Standings:

I was also gonna award a t-shirt to whoever impressed me the most with their sample use. And to be honest, that is hard one.

On the one hand there is @remsky who technically impressed me with his approach for sure. It doesn’t get much smaller than that. But also goes against the sampling spirit of the competition.

Then there are the massively impressive sounds that @H3ADL3SS & @slujr managed to squeeze out of their samples. I mean, I don’t have the impression they were hindered by the space limitations.

But the one that jumped out at me and me smile is @StartScreem 's use of the sound of floppy disk. Thematically just so right. And StartScreem managed to get quite a few sounds out of the sample. So congratulations.

Thank you all for participating! I can genuinely say that you’ve all done a fantastic job! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ps. I’ve reached out to the winners via PM.

7 Likes

Thanks for organizing!!!
Super fun one

2 Likes

My pleasure!

2 Likes

This was fun! Gz to the winners, hope the next one is as good! Thanks for organising @eretsua !

Just for the record, @highway_rehab should have received 12 points from me and not 7. You missed to give him 5 points for “best mix”, you can check here. In this case it doesn’t matter at all because 2nd place doesn’t receive any prize, right? But actually he’s 2nd place and not 5th place. Which means more honor to him. :wink:

1 Like

@eretsua Thanks so much for organizing this one! A unique challenge that, for me personally, really was the epitome of forcing creativity by imposing limits. Grateful to even be among such wonderful company - such a wide breadth of songs/artists. Know I’ll be studying the xrns’s from this one for years to come.

Thanks so much to anyone who listened and enjoyed my track and voted - hearing this news today was such a gift. Xie Xie friends!

(Special extra thanks to @martblek for the low resource tool that made this all possible, but really also for creating incredible native Renoise things - this MB totally opened up my brain to how useful the tools are. If you look up Amazeballs in the dictionary, I’m sure martblek’s picture is there)

3 Likes

ooo, yayys to the winners~!

also i just have to say again that this competition was awesome. you all really tore it up, and now sweet new music exists, you all are super amazing at it. glad you organized it, @eretsua, you did a great job and thank you for doing it.

was super fun, good way start the year. i know its already march, but i hope you all have an awesome rest of the year to match! ^v^

3 Likes