Mutant Breaks [lucky] #13

Thank you Eretsua!
I’ve been doing some mutant sampling and reese bass creation the past few days and i will just say that my track is turning into something quite different. :smiley:
I also purchased another plugin, Waves Torque and it really makes my drums sit well in the mix. Hopefully they will sound a bit more interesting in my new version.

1 Like

I once again changed my entry ‘slightly’. Hopefully third time’s the charm. :stuck_out_tongue:

I found some mutants in the gutter that i ran through some heavy processing this time.
Time signature varies, not really sure what to call it, but LPB is 12, which i recently discovered is the optimal LPB as i can divide by 2, 3, 4 and 6. Most of the track is 180 BPM and 84 lines, that makes it 7/8 right? Or is that 7/12? 1 Many are also at 60 lines…I haven’t really thought too much about which time signature i work with, but just made sure it’s not even. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ll post up the session file before the deadline, so anyone who’s interested can peep the technique :wink:

1 Like

Breaklore about chiptune, luck, and Nintendo powa
Going 168 lines at 16 LPB
Some 5 + 6.5 beats a phrases
Some 6 + 5.5
Some can’t say what I feel phrases with syncopation.
Some 112 at 16 LPB : (7/4)
On tempo modulation of dotted 4, going from 195 BPM to 130 BPM for some measures
No vst
To much tracks
To much instruments
I will provide the .xrns a day just before the deadline

Temporal lobe profanation

9 Likes

YAY! sounds fun

“Temporal lobe profanation” is a cool mashup/remix of Venetian Snares’ music. I like that you included that silly interview with Aaron Funk describing breakcore. :metal:

1 Like

:metal: :fire: :metal:

1 Like

This track has been made mostly because you named me in the thread… :+1:
I hope many more users answer the call !
Cheers Slujr

1 Like

Cheers! :beers:

Thanks for answering the call! Great tune!!!

hey everyone, check out my latest track. its not suuuuuuper odd, but it does have a patter length of 96 and I did some wild sequencing previously in bespoke, that i used as sample material. check ittttt

9 Likes

it might not win for crazyness when it comes to unstructured rhythms, but im checking most of the genre boxes hihi

I really liked the original cover art also ,
Maybe U can add it back as additional compo art ??

1 Like

my design computer died between now and then, but I revisioned it:
MBC alternate
definitely not the same, but similar vibez :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

ohmygod : O

even better XD

1 Like

Hello. I’ll try again. I don’t know if it will work (we already have two children) but I’ll try it. I’m excited. I greet everyone, have a good time … Michal (from Slovakia)

3 Likes

So smooth, love it!

Version 2

Thanks for listening and the tips to @eretsua

6 Likes

Hey happy new year everybody. Here is my entry, samples and collected audio snippets organized in a chain-of-thought-ish kind of way…
Genre: idk but its got amens :drummer:
Time signature: yes
vsts: I used mda and saturate on a few tracks + ozone on the master
xrns: soon

9 Likes

Wasn’t going to contribute, but a few days off ftw :slight_smile: , might share a stripped xrns in the future, uses vsts.

12 Likes

Oh ! Great ! :heart_eyes: I will see how this man organizes his stuff !! With his xrns !
:crazy_face:

1 Like