Mutant Breaks [lucky] #13

Always quality with you!Beautiful stuff.

1 Like

Happy New Year to you all :partying_face:

10 Likes

Oh snap, almost missed this one but hopefully just in time to cook up an entry. Let’s go go go go go go

2 Likes

@slujr Does it have to be 3 minutes? I don’t compose tracks that are that long, usually, especially for the style of music that I do. I’m short by like 30 seconds with a track I’d like to submit.

Well, I can’t go around making exceptions at this point, now, can I? :upside_down_face:
@alien7 Added another 30 seconds to their track to make it 3 mins… I believe in you @Neuro_No_Neuro
you’ve got another 12 days yet :grin:

2 Likes

HeartBeatHero - 0013 v2.xrns (1.6 MB)

6 Likes

Well, alright then :slight_smile: here’s my entry!

11 Likes

@alien7 V2 has changed a bit, yes. Think it is getting better. :+1:
Are you still working on it, or is this it?

@selecta440 Freestyle Ramen is nice breakcore with some hints of ambient thrown into it? Excellent use of the voice samples! And nice sounds. Well done. :+1:

@Jonas BEA5menator has some wicked sound design. It conjures up some 2005-era Autchre vibes for me. Nicely done! :+1:

@garf Sweet Beat sounds nice and strong. I like the shards of melodies that pop occasionally. They are nice. Overal the track does feel a bit slow to me. Like it is running at 2/3rd the intended BPM or something. But that could very well just be me. Anyway, well done. :+1:

@Neuro_No_Neuro lovely little track. Not to repeat myself from the other thread too much… But your sound design is excellent. It reminds me a little of the sound design that was used in anime like Serial Experiments Lain. And that’s a good thing in my book.

3 Likes

Happy you’re diggin’ it!

1 Like

Whew. Got really stressed. Thought the deadline was today.

I think y’all will like what I’m working on :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nope!

10 days to go!!

Sweet start on the 13jongs. excited to hear the finished track! :metal:

Whoa! Wicked stuff! This has some serious potential. You sure you’re not one of Richard D. James’ aliases? :wink:

Anyways, I’m looking forward to hearing the finished piece.

2 Likes

Another entry, hurray!

Benefit of the Boomerang - Organic Mechanism

Renoise file (100% compatible), obviously the preferred option:

STREAM

DOWNLOAD 320kbps MP3 (10 mb)

9 Likes

Ooh, nice! Very moody and brooding. Full of restless but subdued energy. That “sweaty bear” picture is a good fit. Digging the sounds as well.

Took me a moment to get into though. First listen I was like “man, that intro is too long and kinda boring” but then things start to happen. And to be blunt, a minute in upon my first listen I still was not entirely sold on this track. But then you set it loose… whoa!!! :star_struck:

And now I’ve listened to a whole bunch more. Also took a look at your xrns file. Somehow I never considered automating the sample rate. And your randomizer ideas are neat.

Cool stuff !

ps. 010 :fist_left: :grin:

1 Like

By the way, this file is constantly being updated.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the kind words!! I agree it starts slow, I like setting the stage a bit too much haha. I think it makes the crazyness more impactful though :slight_smile:

Ho wacht effe, heb ik met een stadsgenoot te maken?? Kralingen represent! :smile:

1 Like

Hey my dude! Love this! Last time I heard your work you were knee-deep into triphop and breakbeat, so this is a neat surprise to me

Very beautiful. Reminds me a bit of Aiyn Zahev’s stuff.

Awesome stuff, and long time no talk dude! Gotta check out the source file at some point and steal all of your renoiz tricks :sunglasses:

Addendum, for those who wanna rip samples etc, you can dl my submissions songfile here :slight_smile: ;

8 Likes