Firts song with Renoise and 8 istances of Albino (at the moment)
To manage patterns is the hardest thing to do but Renoise got a killer workflow for creative composition.
EDIT: some tracks are composed with the Psymachine (first time with it too, nice inspirational tool).
Hey, that stuff isn’t half as bad.
My first song in a tracker sounded a hell of a lot worse…Unless you switched from a different tracker
Nice to hear some great stuff.
I don’t really care for this style much, but all in all this sounds really well done. Nice work!
I agree, not bad at all. Plus the replayer is funky
C’mon, you can be honoust with us…
This isn’t your first tracker you’re working with…
Thank you all for the kind and encouranging comments!
I’ve bought Renoise one month ago (during the v2 launch) after a friend suggestion and I never tried 1.9.x
This one is my first song with a tracker, I am still learning things (today I’ve discovered how to cut note lenghts; next step are triplets) and got a pretty easy strcuture (have a look, just notes every 16th):
I created the base pattern in no time, i’ve spent most of the time automating volume and arraging patterns.
My first impressions about Renoise (coming from cubase-like sequencers):
- native fx: simple, very creative, good variety, killer LFO routing, easy automation (not only of native fx), is nice to move an fx in the chain just dragging it
- good performances (low CPU usage)
- a lot of things to do with samples
- render/export each instrument in different tracks
- GUI beatiful, clean and functional
- some good tools (http://www.renoise.com/download/tools/)
- easy automation
- pattern management (it remember to me early Fruity versions): i tend to set the pattern lenght to the max to use less patterns
Hey, Delphi, I say your screenshot-post on the isratrance forum. Great first-song! Not my style, but still! Keep it up!
Yea, I’m trying to spread the word about Renoise and the topic “Post screens of your tracks!” was a good chance!
Whoah, this is impressive! I’m just learning Renoise too, this is the first tracker & the first music software for me. Can you post the .xrns of this song or send it to me as a personal message? It could teach me something. I’m just interested in how you do things and how do you make things sound like the way they do.
I just started tracking myself after a long stint with Reason and Project 5. BotB dropped science with this post and it helped me learn a few things quite easily…
Check it HERE