My Google+ Profile

http://gplus.to/wrl

gotta get dat

Assume this is the link you need to add me.

Haven’t even tried to do anything with it yet. Signed up a week or so ago and only logged in for the second time today. Not sure I see what all the fuss is about…

you’ve been added. so far, to me, the fuss is about me knowing your real name and hoping you’ll upload a photo of yourself. i really enjoy seeing some of the people i know from the forums in the virtual flesh.

Real name and an ancient photo when I briefly had little hair could of been found a long time ago by looking at my Soundcloud page ;)

Not sure I can be bothered to update much on G+ until I think I’m likely to actually use it…

Took me a while to manage to associate my gmail account with it, as signed up with my hotmail one, even though it has always been the recovered email address associated with it. Not missed anything by not signing in for over a year though! Think I only got it to be able to share Google Docs for an event I was helping organise…

Also searched your name on Facebook and came up with no results so guess you don’t use it, right?

Actually that didn’t work as I though, just signed me out of G+ but still appeared to work briefly…

EDIT: But I have a photo now. Is that better ;)

hey, yeah, an actual photo of you! pretty cool :)
i use Facebook, my profile is here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000929948133

edit: ah that G+ photo is a scam! did you get your name from that club or whatisit in that picture or is it just what turned up on a Google Image Search for ‘kaza’?

My mate (Tokie, whose artwork I was trying to get people to vote for, other half of DDD) took it on holiday in Crete a couple of weeks ago.

You don’t have an Add Friend button on your FB profile…

weird. i have no idea why that is… maybe try and send me yours so we try the other way around? a search for your name gets me loads of matches so that’s no option either…

Hello there !

here’s my G+ : Kaâ D’Avresky

feel free to add me ;)

here’s mine:

its mostly my photography at the moment since i’ve been doing more of that recently.

here´s mine:

https://plus.google.com/110639538624050386402/posts

how do you get those short profile links btw.

cheerz

How do you send people messages/post on their wall on G+? Trying to work out who this guy is, who’s put me in one of his circles. Guessing a Renoiser and not put my link up many other places (quick post on FB but not really tried to find many people yet…)

Anybody know him? One mutual person from here amongst his friends/circles.

message: just share something and choose only him as the receiver below the shared text.

afaik: there is no such thing as a wall really. you’d need exactly the same friends as he and add all those to the message to achieve something like a wall post.

he can ofc reshare a message from you to all his friends unless you prohibit that in the settings for the message.

Well posting on a “Wall” tells them you have done so, as does a private message. Having them as the only person it’s shared with just relies on them seeing it in their Stream. Guess I could of gone for an off topic post to something he has posted himself but for now gone with your selection… But Posts is a Wall, just it is one way only (you can only Post on your own, which then show on other people’s Streams) but this doesn’t allow targeting messages at people. Especially if you’re wanting to aim at specific people initially but have it open to others if they find themselves interested.

Had a feeling you could see what Circles others have put you in but seems I was mistaken. Or have I just lost where I saw that feature?

I wonder if I will start to see more appeal to the whole G+ thing soon but currently it’s not really capturing my imagination.

i think they will see some kind of little message in the notification area atleast but yeah, you have a point in that you certainly want the person to know that you “messaged” him/her when you have only one recipient. (pretty obvi rly)

a lil vid on it http://www.womenofgp…-plus-recipient i didn’t know of extended circles and how to preview your own profile as “anyone on the web” or a specific friend of circle.

i don’t think so. actually i kind of like this.

ey!

there’s no way to easily “bookmark thread”/“add to read later list” (think youtube functionality) on this forum (i used to paste them into a draft email at gmail but it became a bit unwieldy) but adding a “share this to g+” link would solve that… you’d just share it to a empty group called “my renoise forum bookmarks”-group.

eh, eh, nudge, nudge, y’know what i mean… share link, eh?+ :>

Watch Topic button at the top? Although you will then also get emails with all replies…

Or your browser’s bookmarks ;)

hey, thanks you got me checking out that more carefully. actually, the option:

No NotificationThis option will not send out any notifications, but will retain the topic in your subscriptions panel.

should work for me since all i want is just a list of these topics. now i just have to find the “subscription panel” :>

i nevaaar got the whole bookmark webpages thing to work for me. i’ve always found it about as useful as i found the whole “create and save playlist” in good ole winamp. (:

Yeah I’ve never bothered to use them myself either to be honest. Can only use them on the computer you saved them on then ;)

Did at one point have a few bits saved in a Draft message on a forum I used, but mostly stuff related to that forum. Or if it’s something that looks interesting but I haven’t quite got around to reading/watching yet I might just post it up on FB/Here/other forum so can then find it again easily when I have more time.

Probably should use Bookmarks a little more as do often have Firefox opening with a few more tabs from my last session that may be truly practical…

exactly. also, most often you have to edit and categorize them a bit too.

tabs and auto complete = i lieks

switched to foobar just because it had tabs. (now, i’ve realized it’s got a lot more than that though!) too bad that i’m using streaming as well these days to listen to music :confused: