My music (German rap)

Since I make and improve things in a rather random fashion (for me it’s more like puttering in the garden than serially making finished products) this will always be a mixture of crappy and more polished things… so I figured I might as well post it now.

The lyrics are in the description on the individual song pages on Soundcloud, and you can also find downloads, (in some cases slightly different, i.e. without some samples etc.), lyrics and instrumentals here: http://a.sandboxx.org/neinMC/

Oh, but by “stuff not being finished” I don’t mean to say that criticism isn’t welcome, to the contrary :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i like it ; D

I normally don’t write or rap in English (I don’t even speak it, I just read, write and listen), but listening to KRS-One talking crap in defense of Afrika Bambaata disgusted me so much, I made an exception. The lyrics and a link to a transcript of a KRS-One interview are on the soundcloud page, audio clip sources to follow later today.

This is the very first version, and I intend to redo it, I know this isn’t great… but I don’t intend to stress out about it, either. Even if I could do it well enough, and I can’t – it would feel weird to use this particular issue as some way to “show off”, if you know what I mean. I’m however perfectly fine being a nobody dissing a famous person, and whatever motives people might read into that. I say things because I want to say them, always. Nothing more, nothing less.

I like the last two audio clips a lot however, that’s the “payload” as far as I’m concerned. If just one person is encouraged to speak up by this, or just one person is encouraged to not put people down who speak up about their experiences, that’s more than enough. Make it ten, and I’ll be proud.

i like it ; D

Thanks!

I really dig your lyrics…very good topics and views, made for the ones who wish to stay free & not partake in business…immer genau auf den Nerv der Dinge. Aber bleib mal am mic auf deutsch, englisch wirkt bei dir sehr schlaksig durch den Akzent und die deutsche Färbung des Satzbaus…

I really dig your lyrics…very good topics and views, made for the ones who wish to stay free & not partake in business…immer genau auf den Nerv der Dinge. Aber bleib mal am mic auf deutsch, englisch wirkt bei dir sehr schlaksig durch den Akzent und die deutsche Färbung des Satzbaus…

And I agree about rapping in English, apart from it sounding awkward, it’s also no fun to do at all. But I honestly got pissed off when I first hear KRS-One talk about “untouchable leaders” and then in another interview how “hip-hop should question everything”, and before I knew it I had so many speech samples… so I just wrote something to be able to use them. Now I don’t want to take it back, so I’ll make another attempt at it every now and then just to lessen the cringe. But it’s just a one-off thing really.

Hi, very nice tracks! Love your flow.

I prefer you rapping in German though :slight_smile:

liked it!

recent-ish additions:

5 Likes

I love these tracks. Good work!

thanks! :upside_down_face:

3 more. I also added an instrumental playlist to the first post because why not ^^

3 Likes

Wrote this yesterday, recorded it just now, literally have to leave the house in 7 mins… and part of me likes making shitty things quickly WAY more than spending 5 times the time to make it smoother (that tends to happen over time, after the initial cobbling it together). I’m very selfish that way I feel. But at least you know I don’t cater to anyone but me, I have the sloppy crap to prove it … I like that in the rap of others, so it’s what I make :smiley:

3 Likes

Sounds good but you should post the lyrics in English

[Thanks for saying it sounds good, somethings wrong with my mic (or the PC or cables or whatever), but for this being the first 2 takes (after plugging the mic from the PCIe card to the front USB port, which helped a bit) I was kinda happy how on point they are. Usually panning one hard left and the other right sounds crappy, here it seems to work. I probably will listen to this occasionally, then rap it again, then compare. Sometimes getting used to it helps with the flow, sometimes I prefer tha raw initial takes, we shall see.]

Okay, I made a quick translation, but the lyrics are petty enough in the original German, and translating them just makes them worse ^^

“what are you trying to say?” hah I said it already
should I rephrase it just so you can ask the same question again?
where does this shit come from - who do you think you are
that you could devalue something just by not understanding it on purpose?
I need you for thinking like I need rain for sunbathing
your dishonest attitude - enjoy it yourself - your
agreement to the mood give it to those who -
need it from people like you and deserve to have it

we are very modern everybody now has internet but
stick to apps rather than pretending to be able read and then go “huh?”
very confident on platforms - understood nothing of the web
constantly buying breadcrumbs beause you throw the bread away
those you don’t have to chew you can just lazily suck them
they get steadily more diluted and expensive but you gotta do what you gotta do
now you gotta put ads in the operating system suckers call it progress
too stupid to shit because there’s no other way to describe it

everything is rented and nearly bursting from being full of middlemen
when that is finished you don’t even have to get killed but just simply not extended
force fed with bullshit people will be at each others throats
I would laugh if there weren’t other people besides you
if it were just for you it wouldn’t be a loss - you had everything
but just had no interest, too well fed, not struggling - you will
only see the foreshocks - and I not even those - but I
smelled all this easily 20 years ago

It starts ranting about people who act dumb on the interwebs – e.g. how “what are you trying to say?” (and just that) when they don’t really want to know, but already know I said something they would rather distort or ignore – and ends with randing about the dead end of progress we call “tech” these days… with basically everything regressing from personal computers to leased toys, and moving everything onto that, personal lives, business, emergency services, logistics, until finally it just can get switched off, or break down like the house of cards it is, resulting in millions or billions of people either outright dying or being at each others throats. I close with mentioning that if it were only for the addressed person and people like them, I wouldn’t mind, since they had all the means to not just be enslaved by their own lazyness, but didn’t use them.

“Dummröhrendiss” is basically my “series” where I rant at the interwebs. It’s super self-indulgent and petty even for my standards, which is saying something. I think the first one I made in response to rap videos I saw.

Hey, you asked. I’m pretty sure it sounds better if you don’t know what the lyrics are about, but that ship has sailed now ^^ To make up for that, here’s the instrumental and the song I sampled:

2 Likes

I’m not completely sure I’ve understand the meaning with the traduction (but I admit I’m not rather concentrated today!), and don’t know about german, but your hip-hop track have a good flow!

That’s no matter if a track is make quickly, it’s okay if the inspiration is in.

1 Like

same shit, different day ^^

this obviously needs work, it might give you ear cancer… but I loooove writing something, recording and uploading it within the day (or, in this case within the allnighter), so there you go.

1 Like

I’m not a connoisseur of the hip hop genre but you have a great talent, really good job

1 Like

why thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really cool stuff. I feel like your music really compliments your flow (not that I understand it!). Very idiosyncratic style.

Very creative