Mystery Palace of Sauntersaus

"The Mystery Palace is the home of the antihegemon, flipping the pyramid scheme on its head. The polar inversion of hierarchy, play the Mystery Ticket and take the ride to new realities made manifest.

The Mystery Palace is the refuge of the antihierarch, embodiment of the movement from BELOW to ABOVE, the urging of uplift of all people from the cruel downpression pulling mankind to demise. Flip the pyramid on its head and make a polar inversion of hierarchy.
The polar inversion of all hierarchy, mr. rich come down! Your high horse is hereby overturned.

ā€œNow I am at last relentless,
I declare that the social order is to be superseded by another social order.
I know the quality of your folly when you go about the streets looking in the dust of noisy oratory for the complete state.
I know very well that when the complete state appears it will be because you bring it to others, not because others bring it to you.
And I know that you will bring it, not as a burden upon your back, but as something unscrolled within.ā€
-Traubel"

Hope you enjoy this new album!

1 Like

I was not familiar with that Traubel quote but it is very good. Track is fun also but yes, vox could use a little sausagifying in the context of your very hard-hitting, on the grid soundworld (i.e. they are treated as quite separate from the ā€œvibeā€ of everything else). Song structure is kind of weird but I actually think it works, nice.
Thanks for letting us into the Mystery Palace.

2 Likes

Thank ya kindly! I had a version that had vocal compression but it didnā€™t sound right to my ears, maybe a happy medium would be best. Funnily enough the reason the vocals are a bit off kilter is because I recorded them without any tempo and without listening to the song, so I had to cut up every phrase into its own sample than beatsync it to 64 to make it fit into the song. A bit hamfisted, but I like weirdness, that and the other vocal takes just didnā€™t have the same sound. Intuition is funny.

2 Likes