Naglfare (atmospheric folk d&b)

Hi guys, long time no see! :smiley:

So I’ve been out of production for about 12 years, but I practiced every day for a few months, and got an amazing singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist partner/girlfriend who I just click with creatively. We have made a few tracks, but this is our first finished one. Still needs some work, I’m no good with mastering I’m afraid.

If anybody here wants to take a crack at remixing, I have the XRNS, made only natively with Renoise. Just gotta upload it somewhere. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I must admit at first it scared the hell out of me but at the end i really enjoyed it.Could you post the lyrics in English please?

1 Like

Sure thing! Just focusing on translation here, not musicality. :slight_smile:

(On the black mirror of the ocean a ship glides so silent. Tall mast, grey sails towards the sky. The ship is made for war by doomed souls by nails and dirt, soot and coal and the wrath of the giants)

Naglfar the small boat
fits almost four men
brave warriors with
crude, bent spears
Taking nails
Taking nails from your dead
Taking nails

Naglfar the rowboat
fits almost 8 men
some strong and fierce
som fast and small
Taking nails
Taking nails

Naglfar the longboat
fits almost 17 men
all oars are rowing
towards the smell of blood
Taking nails
Taking nails

Naglfar the grand ship
fits armies on it’s deck
and when the boat hits shore
the world is on fire
Taking nails
Taking nails

Made an electro remix this morning as well, by the way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope you do upload the XRNS. You can attach it to a forum post if you like.

1 Like

I’d rather just send it to those serious about remixing it, who also have a musical identity to show for to avoid ripping of vocals and lack of proper credit. :wink:

So if you want to remix, just show me what you’ve made, and if we like your stuff I’ll give you either version of the track that you want.

Yah, would love to take a crack at remixing this (would prefer the original mix/non-electronic). Sample of stuff here:

1 Like

Great! Love your stuff, sending you a PM with a Google Drive-link to the XRNS. :slight_smile:

Cheers! annnnnd Awesome!!!

1 Like

If you haven’t produced for 12 years and then made this, producing must be like riding a bike where you never forget :smiley:

That was a good listen

I haven’t forgotten Renoise, and have dabbed a bit here and there, but I haven’t been working properly at all. Just kept my mind and fingers busy. Also, after a long bout of depression and some reflections on song structure, great inspiration from a creative mind and soul (my partner), it all just clicked. :slight_smile:
Thanks, guys!!

1 Like