Native alternative keyborad layout support

Hi,

I own a keyboard which is programmed to natively output colemak-dh keycodes, which is fine for all of the keyboard shortcuts I can re-define in the settings. But the virtual keyboard is hardcoded for compatibility reasons (ironically the compatibility reasons is what is causing my troubles) which has been mentioned here: How to reassign keys used to enter notes - #3 by Abe_Froman. I’ve even looked into modifying the binary since it’s such a niche problem but I couldn’t figure it out.

At the moment I have a workaround where I have a qwerty mode on my keyboard which I can access but it’s a pain remembering to switch between them with a shortcut. Does anybody know of any better ideas to get the virtual keyboard working as expected rather than having pitches randomly scattered about the keyboard?

Thanks,
Aaron.

I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve switched to a 32 keys ortholinear split programmable keyboard using Colemak and need to change the keys for the virtual keyboard.

I think Milky Tracker is suffering from the same problem too.

I’d like to get back into trackers but switching between multiple keyboards is difficult so I’ve kinda given up on the idea. Although I’m considering something like one of the Polyend Trackers.