Native Granular/Time-Stretching?

I’d love to be able to sequence grain and time-stretching adjustments via the pattern editor, is there a native solution for this without using vst?

no.

Granular synthesis in Renoise (Vimeo)

Granular synthesis in Renoise (Vimeo)

Thanks for posting that! Watched that one a long time ago and never again since I thought it was on Youtube. This kinda stuff works great with phrases.

Also discussed here
https://forum.renoise.com/t/could-redux-renoises-architecture-support-a-granular-engine/43930

And here’s another cool example
https://forum.renoise.com/t/3-0-native-granular-waoh/39855

Edit: yeah, phrases make this a lot more flexible to work with

Any plans in the works for native stretching? I think renoise could take it to the nerdiest level with different algos (akai style, Orville style, ultra smooth Paul style, hard grain, etc)

Really missing time stretch and pitch shift in Renoise. I’m all for different algos, but a single smooth modern algo would work too. As of now, I’m using Edison for this with less than satisfactory results. All for keeping it native, but it’s also central to how I work so I’m always looking for other options

If you have a Renoise licence you can dl my pack in the backstage area which contains an instrument in the fx folder called ‘this is redux’. It utilizes the offset pattern command in the phrase editor with a bunch of different phrases and macros to process the samples further. You can swap the samples with your own for easy stretching.

You know about the Akaizer tool I guess? For stright-up stretching/pitch-shifting not using phrases. It’s pretty raw-sounding but I guess that’s the idea, emulating the stretch/pitch algo of the old Akai samplers. Anyway it still works great in 3.1.

Edit: thinking on it, doesn’t CDP have stretch algos? Need to look at the CDP interface tool again, pretty sure it does.

Edit: thinking on it, doesn’t CDP have stretch algos? Need to look at the CDP interface tool again, pretty sure it does.

yes, different ways to stretch sounds, but the specially intended ones kinda suck imo, can have its lofi uses.

A year on, go on, hows about this function? Gimme a lil’ bit o’ stretching natively in 3.2? :wink: :wink: