Native Instruments is restructured and will focus on software maintenance

I am on W10 64bit with R3.2.1. About Massive X 1.1… I don’t think it’s a graphic problem. You will see a significant increase in CPU usage when Massive X generates the sound (depending on the preset). When there is no sound, Massive X barely consumes resources. It seems to have the same behavior as many other instrument plugins.

In fact, I really like the graphic aspect of Massive X. It has everything you have to have:

• View size in 25% increments, from 50% (for low and hight resolutions).
  • Various themes (skins). The “Flat Default” theme eliminates the addition of shadows (in case someone has graphic problems).

I’m not sure but I think the themes have been added in the latest version. By the way, there is an immensity of market plugins with a horrible appearance. Horrible!

If I have any complaints, it is the default Renoise scaling for plugins, which is always activated. If you use Reniose scaling greater than 100%, you will have aspect problems in many plugins. It would almost be preferable if it came disabled by default, or that we had a decent plugin manager, a large frame where we could visualize and change the properties of the plugins, such as scaling or autosupend. If we had access to all the properties of the plugins from the API, I could build a window tool as a manager myself. But it is not possible, because some things are missing, such as the control of scaling from the API.

On the other hand, Renoise 3.2.1 + Windows 10 64bit get along badly with 32-bit plugins. Here there really are serious problems. It doesn’t matter what plugin it is. If you open a window with a 32-bit plugin (VST / VSTi) you will see a drastic decrease in graphic performance throughout Reniose if you open the main menu of Renoise. Work to blows. And the more 32bit plugin windows you’ll have, the worse. This is NOT a problem with the 32bit plugin. It is a problem of Renoise with the treatment of Windows 10 windows from version 3.2.0 of Renoise (taktik knows it, and surely if he finds a solution he will solve it). This has nothing to do with Massive X 64bit.

Finally, put to talk about beautiful things, I would like the window that wraps the plugins to be the Renoise theme, not the Windows theme. This would seem more integrated with the DAW. At least, make it an option.

Edit: Going back to Massive X, there is probably more delay than with other add-ons when invoking the Windows window that wraps the plugin (even if the plugin is already loaded). I don’t know what happens with other operating systems, but with Windows, the wraparound windows seem like a small drag, and this can be more exaggerated if the plugin has a harder time loading. An action that should be displayed very very fast, has noticeable delays, such as putting the plugin window in the foreground when it is pinned or when you anchor or unpin the plugin window (probably in this operation you need to close and open the window again, instead of moving it from place).

For example, with Renoise 3.2.1 + Windows 10, Arturia Pigments it is faster than NI Massive X. Xfer Serum or RS Spire is faster than Arturia Pigments.