Neon Night - Renoise Song

6 Likes

I’m glad that I’m not the only one choosing “Neon Night” as a song title for a Synthwave song. :grin:
I really love the instrumentation, great choice! I also like the repetitiveness of the composition and the composition itself. Cool melodies, cool chords. The only thing I’m not sure about is the mix and mastering. Is it intended that the mix is pretty soft and kinda lofi? I think this song would benefit from a tighter mix.

Thank you for the words

I began producing in 02/2022 and just started transitioning to Renoise as my main DAW.

Sounds like we both are not sure about the mix and mastering.

As far as the Master Chain, I just have Baby Audio’s Super VHS (Heat knob) and Renoise Maximizer for volume boost. I agree the mix could be tighter and the overall arrangement might benefit from some minor changes.

What do you suggest I do about the mix and mastering? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Well, for sure I’m not a professional mixing engineer, but I’m pretty sure about mix and mastering when it comes to “my” music, and that’s primarily Electro and Synthwave, but also any other kind of electronic music in general. Basically I always suggest this in terms of mixing. But it sounds that my guess was right and your song is intended to be lofi. Why else should you use “Baby Audio’s Super VHS” in your master track? In case of your song and referring to the shown waveform above I would suggest to get rid of the dirt (unnecessary frequencies, mostly low) first and then push the volume via Maximizer even more and/or cut the peaks by soft clipping. Personally I would also drop the lofimat in your master. But if your first experience in producing was only 12 months ago you’re already doing good, man. Keep it up! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sounds great, I like it!