New Aphex Twin music 2023

Damn , the barcelona EP is hot as shit .
First track is ace
going for 300-500 euro’ already on discogs

4 Likes

That’s a nice track indeed. After a second listen, I think I kind of like the 2nd track better. That price for a physical copy is silly though.

Silly prices for limited releases , it’s always been like that .

1 Like

Sounds like :poop: to me… That Barcelona thing. Or is this from the 90s? The raw 909 drums sound horrible :sweat_smile: And those standard acid lines bell like fm sounds… No idea. Maybe it is meant ironically? Or maybe his 8 year old made this?

1 Like

I used to listen to them but this isn’t it either :frowning:
This is better. At least for me.
One man and one tool.
I didn’t want to give a link, but it was stronger :wink:
His creations are monstrous, at least the programs, music is to everyone’s taste.

1 Like

Aphex is also ONe guy :slight_smile:
Oh yeah , I am a big fan of Tranzistow and Hrastprogrammer creations ( the guyis a genius ) but comparing his music to aphex is apples and oranges .
Tranzistow is the one of the greatest softsynth ever created and I really don’t understand all the moaners who say the guis is awffull , I think it’s verry intuitive .
It’s really deep and amazing sounding , the ZDF filters ara amazing , the moog style filterbank , the complex and deep FM engine ,the aux osc’s loopable envelopes that can take waveforms as stages WOOWzers , the contour editor for drawing waveforms or envelope shapes -lfo’s etc…
The matrix which can be run at sample rate etc…It’s too much to mention
ANyone who likes to get deep-down and dirty into sound design should check it out , it’s one of the best creations ever .
Here are 100 presets I created for tranzistow , enjoy

There is a huge thread over at gearslutz, and I already created 100 patches for it

2 Likes

First track is my favourite , overall a bit underwhelmed …ep only lasts 13 minutes

1 Like

not available right now, I’ll check it tomorrow

I just listen the full album on speakers then with headphones.
Both experiences were awesome, so that I will purchase this EP quite soon.
It’s definitely the music I love, and each new album is a gem.

Bought it, and the CD, off Bandcamp this morning - it’s short and to the point, but I’d rather have a tight focussed EP than a meandering “fuller” CD. I’ll give it a deeper listen again when I can find the time to get headphones on and properly appreciate it. My strides towards retrospectively collecting all his CDs continues apace, I haven’t the money, storage space, hifi or turntable to consider collecting vinyl again - probably for the best!

1 Like
3 Likes

It’s rather crude, ugly and and even kind of gross looking at times but I do rather like that video. And the track is growing on me more and more with each listen.

I need to check the rest of the EP still.

Really good, too short tho; mor would be better! = )

1 Like