New DAW - Bitwig Studio

checkout this awesome shit…

:ph34r:Bitwig

dude, you are tripping… Take a deep breath.

There is more to life than this…

lol

“If you have been following our project for some time now, you might already know that we originally planned to ship Bitwig Studio before the end of this year. Alas, we won’t make it and would like to apologize for having to shift this time frame now to the beginning of 2014.”

Bitwig, so ninja nobody knows where it’s at or when it will strike!

http://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio

release date march 26th!

March for $399/€299

Way too expensive…

Indeed! Where do you got the price tag from? It is not on the official website yet.

Found it: Bitwig Sets a Date: Here's When You'll Get Bitwig Studio, What It'll Cost - CDM Create Digital Music

It is actually a pity that it is so overpriced, it looks really nice. I was hoping that they would go a different route…

Nope, they didn’t tell the people that they are the next data becker for live. They have got money to earn, because its a company, not a study project. I´m also disappointed referring to the prices, but they did say before what where they are after...Thats a thing you won´t find in a single German company at least for the last 20 years, so it is still quite honest, what is absolutely not the thing in today’s IT industry at least in Germany. However, when it will be more than a standard mutlitracker with the same features of live, youll get a horse with 8 legs for the half price, which doesn't seem to be too crazy. If you must have a living on the music, thats quite fair, for hobby producers like me, it´s still too exoteric.

Okay, so you equate reasonably priced with amateurish/toy-like, interesting…

Well, measuring one overpriced software on another overpriced software…

But yes, I can see how professionals (i.e. those who make a living on producing music) are willing to pay that (and if music production was my profession I would, too). However, there are alternative models with non-commercial licenses (see Reaper). But I can also see that you probably make more money on today’s kids by charging full price for everyone…

A high price tag is actually important for marketing purposes, just by being priced as such people assume that it has value that it may not necessarily have, it is automatically taken seriously from the beginning and never goes through the “that thing is just a toy” phase

Which, ironically, makes it a toy. Professionals can see the value regardless of the price. So they apparently have a different target audience in mind…

I don’t understand what yall talkin bout
Bitwig has a release date and a price. And a demo download, even. They have about everything you could miss in Live 9 at this point (although, of course, they probably won’t have -everything- that live already has)
And modular / cloud collab planned for 2…
This version 2 then, is probably still gonna be much cheaper than a comparable Live+Max combo right?
I’m curious what some people would’ve thought that the price could have been!