New Funding Idea For Renoise

I’m ordering the record bag! :walkman:

Some good comments in here, although I just want to point out that the idea as I first imagined it would be not to pay in advance so that features get developed, but to just voluntarily throw in an extra few quid/dollars/euros to say thanks for each update… Then there’s no pressure on Taktik or the rest to hurry up with featues, no ‘buying’ of features, just a thank you for when new stuff does happen. I guess I just feel guilty that i’ve been getting free updates of renoise for years now, and only paid the initial registration price.

As a slight side note, how many registered renoise users are there? how many registered downloads of each update? Does this figure go up over time or down? Say if 10% of those users where to donate when upgrading, how much cash would that bring in? With the current business model (and I accept it may not really be designed as a proper business exactly) it seems like you’re likely to see less money each year, even if you do keep a growing user base…

I don’t know, I guess I just want renoise to continue to grow as well as possible, and for the guys behind it to do well from it, as you all really deserve it!

Eddie

www.bovaflux.co.uk

whoa! tak’s not working at ableton anymore? rad! scratch one potential conflict of interest. renoise wants all your audio-app-developing-jonez

Don’t forget the nice red thong for your girlfriend! :dribble:

You mean for yourself right? I’m wearing three right now…

You freak!

:w00t: Hell Yeah!

Btw; Got the record bag! Very fast delivery and good quality material, rock :yeah:

How about offering a renoise laptop bag?

Renoise laptop bag/case would be teh ultimate. Especially if it could house a 17" WS and had an abundance of small compartments.