New genre guys: Splitterbreak/Splitteragg

Ya’ll probably don’t like this idea but, let’s combine Raggacore/Breakcore with splittercore and noise. I present to you Splitteragg/Splitterbreak, Splitterbreak or Splitteragg. It is an extreme genre of electronics that has a BPM ranging from 350BPM to 100,000BPM. It works by cutting the breaks and making rushes with all the samples and with synthesizers like digital hardcore and ragga vocals with normal speed and a lot of noise glitches and sounds made with a computer. I don’t know if some artist is interested in making a song of my new genre, Since I’ve heard that Renoise is a good DAW for Breakcore and similar genres. Tell me ya’ll opinions.

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re on about.
Go for it!

1 Like

Up to 100000 BPM? Sounds promising. :wink:

It’s a combination of two fast genres, what did you expect?

Seems a bit like “Extratone” to me, and yea, i’ve been tempted to give it a go! : D

2 Likes

Renoise’s BPM limit is up to 999. That should be enough for most music genres, but if you want a BPM higher than that, you can export the file as an audio file and reuse it in Renoise on a sample basis, but the resolution may be poor.
In such a case, you may want to try processing the exported file with Tenacity (Audacity) or REAPER.

then the bpm would be from 350 to 999

I forgot that Splittercore is not texted like that, it is texted Splittertone and it call Splittertone

I’m sorry, but I don’t quite understand. What are you seeking in this thread?
Advice to you? Collaboration? Enlightenment of Renoise users by introducing new genres?

Any rhythm over 20 Hz is pitch :upside_down_face:
And the human resolution for rhythm distinction is around 100 (?) milliseconds, so the fastest perceivable BPM as BPM is around 220 or so, I think…
Or at least for 16th notes
It will depend on the listener as well. Some people are able to perceive shorter durations as distinct events. Some say we can perceive durations as short as 1 ms, so there’s quite a range, according to the haas effect…

But yeah, go crazy OP. Let’s hear it! :grin:

I was expecting realistic speed specifications, not fantasy values like 100000 BPM. What do you expect to hear with BPM values like that? Music? In fact you’d hear what’s shown in the video above…,

It’s a very BIG jump from 100000 to 999 BPM, and even with 999 BPM it’s still way too fast for ANY kind of music. But hey, just go for it. Show us what you’re after! :wink:

Well at 999 bpm and 16lpb you can get 16,000 kicks per minute, on one track, without ratchet commands.
Crank’em those lpb’s!

Drrrr:

The hypergenrification of music was already ridiculous like 30 years ago. Are we really at the point where we’re inventing genres before the music even exists now?

3 Likes

its filtered white noise with backtracks.
Seems like “Brigada do Odio” in 1982 but no metal based :slight_smile:

1 Like