New instrument mono glide - How does it work?

How can i use it? I thought, it should replace the sometimes needed phrase with C-4 GFF.

I create a little demo song. Is it possible to recreate instrument 01 with just this new mono glide?

It seems that it requires two note columns to work.

I thought that, too. But it doesn’t work for me. Mhn, maybe this is a bug.

I struggled with this a bit too. But try to record something. Then your mono instrument will get G-XX added in the FX column. Seems to be more of a thing for recording convenience (I also wished, there was a non live way to make this happen)

Maybe someone of the renoise team can explain us why this dont work? :slight_smile:

Mhn, someone moved this thread to the bug section, so it is a bug, right? I’ve attached a second test song to compare the new glide with renoise and redux. I cant get it working in renoise, but in redux it works as expected.

The best would be, when pattern 1 and 2 would also glide. Atleast pattern 1 should glide, like pattern 0 with redux.

Mhn, someone moved this thread to the bug section, so it is a bug, right?

No, this is how the current implementation works - mono (with, or without glide) is strictly a realtime trigger/recording option.

I agree it can be confusing that Redux behaves differently, but then, Redux is a plugin and behaves like plugins usually do - using overlapping notes to produce portamento.

I also wished, there was a non live way to make this happen

Question is, how?

No, this is how the current implementation works - mono (with, or without glide) is strictly a realtime trigger/recording option.

I agree it can be confusing that Redux behaves differently, but then, Redux is a plugin and behaves like plugins usually do - using overlapping notes to produce portamento.

Ok, then this should be clarified in the tooltip and later in the manual.