New/old Tool (2.6-3.0): Find And Replace In Pattern

(joule) #21

It’s tricky to penetrate all details of the code, but commenting out row 516-518 seems to work? Maybe it will break something else. :slight_smile:

--    if found_match then
--      break
--    end

I was figuring on making a modification myself joule, but somehow I didn’t fancy it because of the amount of modification that was made (can we assume danoise here? :slight_smile: ) between the two versions. Also maybe if you do make a modification like as you suggest above what I think will happen is that that the ‘Find Next’ button will kinda break (unfortunately). I think it’ll just jump to the last match not the next match. As you say it is tricky to debug/follow (I wish there was a better debugging system in place so you can breakpoint and see variables…)

Sidenote: The way in which I would’ve gone about it is not so heavy on pattern iteration (that’s just me though), and maybe also considered putting in a co-routine system just in case the user asks for a particularly time consuming request with a large song to try and avoid the dreaded ‘10 second’ dialog :slight_smile: