New soundcloud in beta...

I hate it how my page turned out with this beta. My album tracks are mixed up so it doesn’t look like an album anymore. :angry:

So how do you guys all deal with this? Move over to Bandcamp or something else?

Developers have a tendency to avoid feedback on criticism. They usually do evaluate the criticism and perhaps in the background they are programming changes, i doubt the new environment is already in final state.
The problem with peer evaluation of these projects that has a large userbase though is they pick the critics that are shouted the most and make changes to that. All the personal rants are neglected.
You see that happening with every program.
The more users, the more developers stop responding. (I doubt you want to answer a million users that have their own remarks.)

It’s for the worse.

I wrote to support that I am going to remove my ‘Solo’ account when then old layout will disappear…

I’ve tried hard the last week to enjoy the (few) benefits of the new layout,
and I hate to be an old fart moaning “things were better before”… but in this case, yup, I definitely think they were :rolleyes:/>
I really loved the old one, for it’s simplicity and neat/tight layout, it was perfect at least for my own needs.
Let’s just hope SC headquarters will listen a bit to us rather dissatisfied people and consider meeting us halfways with some useful updates or tweaks in the near future.
I don’t think we’ll ever get a “classic skin” option, but regarding Sets and the Spotlight-view, there is room for A LOT of improvement and flexibility… fingers crossed.

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/527389-how-do-i-go-back-to-classic-soundcloud-

The problem is not that we (the artists) cannot switch back to seeing the old Soundcloud, the problem is that our listeners will still see the new design (until they also explicitly switch back), since this is the default!

Listeners? By listeners you mean other artist who work hard to pretend they have listened and liked your music in hopes to get more comments and favourites and what not on their own tracks? :P

True, Soundcloud was never organised to make things easy for the “Listener” as far as I’m concerned! Much more a Producer/Artist’s playground and the Widgets in some ways were more useful to serious people than the main site. I guess these changes were done in the hope to improve this but apart from the Browse While Playing functionality nothing suggests to me they really will, and with no Add To Playlist even this option is only a half-arsed effort!

But that is their problem now is it? And they can change it as well.
The possibility is there so if the majority of people that figure this out are doing that (just advertise the revert-to-classic link as much as possible), they will be that way forced to consider other improvements on their old site. I suspect they monitor statistics on how many users use the new and how many users use the old layout.

It’s a little disorienting, but just as with any YouTube layout change I think I’ll learn to deal.

I’m not one to rage about change unless it extremely blatantly diminishes the user experience.

Nope, it is not their problem, it is mine! I use Soundcloud for both, finished songs, as well as work in progress. And I wont my visitors to see the set with my finished songs first. But now, with the new design, this option is gone. They will see everything in chronological order.

You won’t have that problem if you integrate soundcloud on your own page.
Layout from a site that you can’t change yourself is always a risk. I can understand a little better if you would have a premium account, but that can always be cancelled (depending on what the terms say about the layout but if the terms are saying nothing about the layout, you could see change of layout as a change of terms).

Actually, I had first some trouble finding things again - I used to look for
nice mixes there for some background music. But I got used to it. I’m used to
adjust myself to new layouts anyways…

BUT the new site is MUCH MUCH slower. Firstly it crashes the browser on
my smartphone regularily and I can’t play long tracks there. And second it
takes quite some time for my laptop to shuffle all that javascript code through
too. Well, it must be that i’m using an old browser (firefox/iceweasl 10.0.10).
With google chrome it’s much faster (I guess it’s their accelerated javascript
interpreter).

I’ve tried to like it and decided I just don’t! So thanks for pointing out the Classic link Denim ;)

yeah, i hate it. i don’t want it playing songs when i leave the page. i hate that!

(meaningless comment, but, really, i don’t want a lot of stuff. i want the whole internet to be just hypertext with optional images and music or whatever, period. i like fancy devices, but i hate fancy internetz. it’s even worse than before. maybe i’m stupid, but i’m so confused in it now.)

and, really, i listen to stuff on there 'cause i like doing that and don’t try to get back listens. i got user names on there like U12Sr or whatever 'cause i don’t wanna. and i don’t want nobody to remember. maybe i posted a song, i don’t want you to ever find it again, either, if you ever found it once (which, i assume u didn’t.)

but comments to he contrary are true and pretty funny, really.

http://www.delorie.c…b/lynxview.html

Digg the new Sound-cloud layout? :P

honestly, yeah. i dig it. but, i know everyone else won’t feel the same. but, really, seriously, that’s what i meant!

No that link needs java :’(

I had something close to a crash too… there was this page from HypeMachine with 5 mixes of the best 2012 tracks, so Chrome was happily preloading 5x60 minutes (at least) and ran out of paging mem quickly haha
1GB machines.

PS ontopic: I think the new SC kicks ass