New Tattoo

Excellent stuff! I really like the idea of getting a tattoo of renoise. I have been considering a c64 inspired tattoo for many years now. Maybe the infamous running man… or bruce lee in ultra low-res pixelated glory…

:panic:

Hehe, weird… I used to have that phrase as my signature on forums and my old website, and I thought I might get some kind of tattoo when I’ve thought of a nice design - maybe something made from a few pattern rows and my favourite pattern commands :)

Anyway…

Here’s some silly ASCII from an old profile…

[center]

[BasDrm ] [SnrDrm ] [ClsHat ] [OpnHat ]

00 [C-4 01 ] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
01 [— --] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
02 [C-4 01 ] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [C-5 04 ]
03 [— --] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
04 [— --] [D-4 02 ] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
05 [— --] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
06 [— --] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
07 [C-4 01 ] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [C-5 04 ]
08 [— --] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
09 [— --] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [C-5 04 ]
0A [C-4 01 ] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
0B [— --] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
0C [— --] [D-4 02 ] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
0D [— --] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
0E [— --] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]
0F [— --] [— --] [C-5 03 ] [— --]

–::[TRACKER ]::–::[FOR ]::–::[LIFE ]::–

[/center]

My work here is done. :lol:

@ trepain and dblue = it’s never too late for a tattoo. ;)

Got this yesterday (put there by one of my best mates, he’s learning)
My own heartbeat, sampled in Renoise :lol:

Too bad Meow isn’t active anymore…

damn you beat me to the idea for a waveform tattoo… oh well…

pretty cool!

Thanks, I didn’t pattent it so you can still do it!
If you really want something different you can always sample something like your own cough or a bowel movement :lol:

None taken, it’s pretty common here. I didn’t want it on a spot that couldn’t be covered up easily, as I’m not really a ‘tattoo person’.

My whole foot is a lotus flower, and I’m a guy haha.

I freaked out when I saw this thinking it was your ECG, alarm bells went and I was going to franticly message you to go to hospital but then I realised it’s a sonic recording of your heart haha. DON’T SCARE ME LIKE THAT :P

Hehe, no I just did some ultra exercise for a few minutes with a piezo disc ducttaped to my chest :lol:

I’m glad, if that was your ECG then shit would be FUCKED UP, full on ‘you-do-not-need-a-tattoo-artist-you-need-divine-intervention’ fucked up.

It’s interesting though, I can literally see where the thuds from your P wave, QRS complex, and final T wave hit. Might borrow my friends contact mic and record me some hearts.

The world is insane.

I’m going to get that tattooed on my forehead

Hahaha :lol:

wow that`s amazing =)

Here it is all healed up. Although the flash didn’t do it justice:

that renoise tat looks like it really hurt.

can we get a pic of it healed up?

BTW, next time, maybe should wait till it’s healed first before posting pics. :)

I’ve been trying to find a way to convert a voice file into a waveform similiar to your tattoo! I found this site and forum by google searching waveform tattoo and your foot came up!

I have Renoise and I have a sample of the voice file loaded, but I cannot figure out how to change the display to the style your tattoo is in, think you could tell me what to do?

It would mean the world to me, thanks for taking the time to read this.

This type specifically.

Hey man,

You have to understand that my entire tattoo is about 1/4th of a second of sound. (it’s one of my heartbeats)
I don’t know if you’re familliar with digital soud theory (analog digital conversion) but it has to do with samplerates too. (the higher the samplerate the smoother the lines)
In Renoise, load the sound file you want (the shorter the better) click on the ‘Sample Editor’ tab in the lower right of your screen.
With the scroll wheel on your mouse you can zoom in. Select the part you want tattooed and click the little icon underneath the sample view to the right of the scissors icon. This main view should show you the waveform. If its just a big block, the sample is still to long.

If you have any further questions, let me know here or through PM again :)
If you want me to look at your waveform, upload it somewhere, I’ll take a look.

Good luck!