New to Renoise - WOW

gent.: You might just as well sample an additive synth

I would also like to say thank you to the Renoise staff for making such a wonderful program! Im a complete noob and often still get frustrated when practicing…but WOW! Its totally worth it:D

I just lived another ecstactic music composition moment in Renoise, you know, when you’re one with the tool, where you’re just directly writing the idea. Like you’re “interfaced” with the software.

A post, just to share love with the Renoise team.

I, too, was a LONG time Reason user.

Switched to Renoise a couple months back with barely a glance over my shoulder since.

Parsec is a dope synth though. Probably going to need to rip some samples from that one : )

Which reminds me. I wish Renoise could do more than 12 simultaneous samples per instrument. Then, with all the modulation sets available, we could have a pretty sweet additive synth just using single cycle sines.

Just a thought - (for the time being) could you not use a phase to create 12 harmonic partials, turn off loop/make phase 1 line length, and then stack up the partial phrase in the main pattern editor another 12 times for a total of 144 partials? Doing the maths you could probably work out the harmonic relationships.

Have to agree, before renoise i had never used a tracker, time ago i started out with fl studio, then cubase, then logic. (And pretty much trial/demoed every other major DAW), when i gave renoise a go, it was just crazy, i had to get my head around the tracker concept, but once i did that i loved it!

I can’t count how many times i’ve discovered something and thought, what!? why is this little feature not in the £400 DAW’s?
It really is amazing, i use it mostly on mac/osx and the stability is incredible, i remember using cubase and it was crash after crash!

I use a fair amount of hardware gear and find renoise great for recording into the sampler, OH, the sampler, brilliant, i recently bought a new mouse (with a working scroll wheel) and it’s just heaven now, editing is really slick and easy with renoise

Love the interface, shortcuts, tracker ( and the phrases!!!), great optimization too (less cpu usage)

I think the only things i would like to see improved is the mixer, i like the mixer but feel the meters are a bit awkward, i don’t believe they’re resizable?, although i do tend to use vu meter plugins so it doesn’t bother me too much.

I find it harder to write melodies as i would of in a piano roll, maybe i just need more tracker practice, but the music i write isn’t that melody focussed anyway, love the tracker for drum programming :wink:

Don’t know if that helps anyone but i needed to get it out there and say it haha