New Tool (1.0.0): Colugo - Creative YouTube sampler

Sounds like you might not have python and/or the the python script’s dependencies installed.

I’ll be releasing an update that will warn users if requirements are not met.

For now, reference this

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have just successfully installed the three packages and the problem still remains. When I type the words, select the output path and click on “start sampling” the big box says “Words saved and Output path set.” and nothing happens after that.

In Reniose, click on Tools → Tool Browser. Then right click on com.jugwine.colugo and select “Reveal in File Explorer”. Copy the folder path. The go to your terminal and run

python3 yt-downloader.py /your/output/path --num_videos 1 --sample_length 500

Please paste any error you get from the out.
(@iloyola )

I am getting the following error:

MyMacBook:~ me$ python3 yt-downloader.py /Users/me/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V3.4.2/Scripts/Tools/cz.jugwine.colugo.xrnx --num_videos 1 --sample_length 500
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/bin/python3: can’t open file ‘/Users/me/yt-downloader.py’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Dropping a direct link in there would be awesome as well. Any chance of this happening? Versus using an online ripper and and all that. One could just remain in Renoise.

Could help to write ./ ahead of yt-downloader.py in the directory where yt-downloader.py is stored.

exa:

MyMacBook:~ me$ python3 ./yt-downloader.py /Users/me/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V3.4.2/Scripts/Tools/cz.jugwine.colugo.xrnx --num_videos 1 --sample_length 500

Hth