New Tool (2.7, 2.8): Slide To Next Note

I updated this with a 2.8 version. Let me know if you find any bugs or if you need any features!

Thanks joule, works great.

Only request is G00 (glide) is optional, still great anyway.

cool!

Got this notice trying to glide in a 2 column track, with a note-off in one column:

Thanks, Jonas.

It’s updated and should now disregard note offs.

Got this notice trying to slide between A-3 and b-6 in 4 steps, having the cursor in the middle:

Thanks. That must be because the maximum portamendo value is not enough to slide that fast. I don’t see a solution to this atm and I’ll probably let it slip.

cool with me, maybe instead of the ugly bug notice it could throw up a window saying ‘not possible!’ :slight_smile:

The notes were too far apart. Maybe, if something like this happened, it would use the trick of having pitch bend on more than one note column, eliminating this issue.

Funny the “having pitch bend on more than one note column” was mentioned.

It was suggested to me as a work around for wanting the OctaMED ‘FFD’ Command.

From the OctaMED manual…

0FFD (doesn’t work with MIDI) causes the pitch of the previous note to be
set to the new note, but it’s not replayed.

C-1 20000 <= Play note
— 00000
C-2 20FFD <= Don’t replay the note, just set the pitch to C-2

I miss the above command dearly. :confused:

In Renoise don’t you just put in the note with no Instrument Number for the same effect? I believe Renoise terms it Ghost Notes but this term has different meani9ngs elsewhere…

Thanks kazakore, unless I misunderstand, it seems that only works with envelopes, the sample is still re-triggered from the start even without an Instrument Number.

Really? I didn’t have a Renoise install to test on and the phrasing made me think it would reset the envelopes but continue the sample from the same point (although not expressly stated.) Sorry if this is not the case.

I never even bothered activating the envelope. I simply loaded a kick sample with a huge tail (hoping the tail would re-pitch), triggered it twice with different pitches and removed the instrument number from the second triggered sample, it re-triggered from the start of the sample.

I just pointed you at the ghost notes link as that is what I found when searching Renoise ghost notes.

Shame.

i search for this genre of tool since long time is this possible to slide all the note in a column?

got this error notice on a multisampled instrument with very short samples, no notes in the pattern editor present;

Have the script underneath a keyboard shortcut, was trying to tigger a sample (not the script), but must have accidently triggered it, while keeping on triggering the keyboard I suddenly got a script is taking to long notice and aborted it.

I’ve refactored the code into being less spaghetti and more solid and sensible - tools page worthy :wink: However I want to add a slope option/parameter for the glide.

What are the maths for a common slope function (the kind that would be sensible in an automation context)?

I guess we are going from 0 to 1, or perhaps 0 to 2 as input? 0.5 or 1 being linear the way it currently is.

EDIT: I am guessing that I need an exponential function where the area (total amounts) must be the same as in the current linear slide function. Tricky when you don’t know very much maths…

can you also make a shortcut for it to work in the phrase editor? :drummer: