New Tool (2.7, 2.8): Track Freezing

Hey Raul, ive checked your tool and as for rendering part it works wonders ;). Now i only need to make small tool to slice rendered sample and put it in patterns.

In order to make “Freeze Track” work with latest Renoise version 3.1.1, some adjustments needed to be made in the code. A couple of years ago (in 2014) i updated the “Freeze Track” script for Renoise to be working with newer versions and sent a copy to the original author. Unfortunately the author never uploaded the updated version to the renoise.com scripting tool page and the renoise team didn’t accept my submission because i am not the original author.

The following version is working with latest Renoise 3.1.1:

https://blog.b-nm.at/2019/08/17/freeze-track-script-for-renoise-3-1-1/

5 Likes

thanks! much appreciated!

1 Like

Does not work for 3.2 for me sadly? Anything I can do to fix this?

Maybe use this instead?
https://www.renoise.com/tools/samrender

works here in 3.2 without problems. You need to update the manifest in the tool manually probably? I didn’t need to do this though, seems to have auto-updated. What doesn’t work for you, do you get an error notice?

update: discovered you need to make sure you delete the original version of the tool before installing @Frank_Baumgartner 's updated xrnx .

This is so that a new preferences file will be created; then the tool seems to work as expected.

It seems the original preferences file can contain a value: “cubic” for interpolation that fires an error in the newer version. I guess there was a change here in renoise/API.

old post

Was just looking at this myself though not properly tested. I had to change line 174 of main.lua from:

interpolation = renoise.tool().preferences.interpolation.value,

to:

interpolation = "default", (make sure you keep comma if copy-pasting)

(done in @Frank_Baumgartner 's updated xrnx a few posts up)

/////

On looking further, the interpolation value in tthe tools’ preferences file is set to cubic (by default)

interpolation, – string, one of ‘default’, ‘precise’. by default default’.

thanks for clearing that up!

this ain’t updating automaticaly… is there a way to do this?