What do 3.3 really needs…

Whats ze name of this Tool

https://www.renoise.com/tools/freeze-track

?

That is great news! I’m gonna check it out right away, thanks guys!

You will find out after installing it probably won’t work straight away(?), visit the messageboard thread on it to read instructions on how to change the manifest nr in the tools code.

Oh boy :slight_smile: Here we go again.

Have you tried installing, it’s been a while since I last checked, perhaps it just works with 3.2?

Either way, it is a hassle to have to manually change a nr in the tools code, but inevitable since the tools creator is missing in action and no one else want to pick this up.

From this thread: New Tool (2.7, 2.8): Track Freezing - #82 by Frank_Baumgartner

Read:

Probably installing his altered version (from: ‘Freeze Track’ script for Renoise 3.1.1 | baumi's blog ) will auto update correctly in 3.2 so you won’t have to go through manual changing stuff.

There’s also this :slight_smile:
https://www.renoise.com/tools/samrender

Samrender als looks cool, I hope to try them both in the next days. I will keep you posted, thanks for your hellp!

I’ve tried FreezeTrack1.4, it does install (the older one doesn’t). But when I try to freeze a track, it yells at me that I can’t freeze more then 120 patterns, I only have 55 patterns of 128 lines.

Maybe samrender is usefull, but it’s not like freezing a track.

Just logging in for the first time in years to say multitrack recording would be a big enough feature for me I’d pay for the update. More than 50% of each track I write in renoise is basically a huge chunk of audio sampled from hardware that was sequenced with renoise. Sampling those chunks separately, cutting them up and then layering them down again feels rather tedious.

Also, and I will probably be shot for this, but it’d be kind of handy to see a waveform for long samples streaming down the column… I know some people will probably think I’m just asking for reaper but vertical (and in a way I am), but although I’ve had fun watching pages of scrolling hex numbers for almost 30 years, it would be nice if Renoise could offer a different way to visualise tracks for people like me (and I know I’m not the only one that uses it like this). Imagine if along with the option to toggle the delay and panning columns you could also enable a waveform column, which would visually show the waveform that will be played during that beat of the track.

1 Like

do you just need waveform visualization? and why in a music-making environment? autoseek is handy tool to use for longer samples…

The ONLY tracker (so far) with vertical audio visualization: Radium

3 Likes

It would just be useful to visualise where things are happening, as when playing back these sections there aren’t any corresponding note patterns to judge it by. I do use autoseek, but it would still be easier to see it.

1 Like

Would be nice if Autoseek was on by default and I’d like the waveform in the back too, but honestly my biggest wish is for buttery smooth scrolling of the pattern instead of jumping a whole line at the time, and we probably need VST3 compatibility too at some point.

3.3 needs a timeframe of when it’s going to arrive, because I’m so damn excited for the updates (whatever they may be). I LOVE Renoise. I am so happy sequencing with it and it’s only getting better and better. @taktik :smiley: Hey man! Hurry up and gimme gimme gimme! :star_struck: 15 seconds of how I actually feel about this -

Renoise RULES!

3 Likes

Also excited but I’m not expecting much except VST3 :slight_smile: to keep my expectations in check

3 Likes

I rendered the tracks which had many plugins on it to a wave file with ‘render song’ and opened them on a track and deleted the original with the plugins.

Saves a lot of cpu and works great for further processing.

But freeze track would be nice offcourse, but this workaround works too.

“VST2 is not free and open source software, and Steinberg, the copyright owner of the VST2 code, is no longer making licenses available to developers”
I read that on the page for the “Surge” Synth vst. They are also no longer supporting vst2.

I’d be excited though if we could get Radium style zoom so setting LBP is becoming a bit irrelevant.

5 Likes

I really wish the instrument editor could support micro tuning.i know there’s a tool that kind of does this but it just doesn’t really cut it and hand tuning each note of every instrument is wayyyyy too much work

6 Likes