New Tool (2.7) Additional File Formats Tool

SF2 would be much appreciated. I wonder what else there is :)

.nki (kontakt)
halion
gigasampler
et cetera :wink:

I see :) Well, Simpler/Sampler format from Ableton Live might be intriguing too ;)

Here’s my suggestion: a setting for the LUA script so that one can define a Default Folder for loading .exs samples from… Is that possible?

That’s just simply using the folder presets in the Renoise diskbrowser.
Or simply just drag and drop the file onto Renoise from the explorer.

MP3 import, override Quicktime, use Lame?

Mentioned here.

Nope. I’m referring to after having clicked an EXS on the Disk Browser. It then asks for where the actual Samples themselves are. a savable Default location for where to try and locate the wavefiles for the .exs files is what would be wonderful. mxb: is it possible to glean the path referred to in the .exs file itself ? If not, then a default sample load folder would be very decent.

Ok, tried this out, and there is a key omission on the akp format - I couldn’t figure out if there’s a workaround or not.

A of the akps I have are drum kits that don’t use keytracking. That is to say, they play at the original pitch and speed no matter where they are on the keyboard. They’re not doing that when imported, so I need to change the program into a “Drumkit” which automatically remaps the basenote. That’s not a terrible workaround but I did kind of have the original note mappings under my fingers before…

great work!
wonder if anyone has decrypted rx2

doesn’t propellorhead provide any info on this?

What is the path to the instrument file and the path to the samples?

Currently searched paths for samples are as follows (relative to instrument file (.exs/.sxt/.akp/etc)):

• ./
  • .//
  • ./samples/
  • ./-samples/
  • ./_samples/
  • ./ samples/

I can update this list if required if there is a standard sample location I have missed.

Please PM me further details of the expected behaviour and a link to an archive with the akp file and samples (as a test case) and I’ll take a look at this for you.

Thanks

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/
and subfolders there-of…

Sent! Thanks!

Thanks for the example patch.

As I was already on the computer I’ve had a look at this issue.

The base note for samples on the Akai S5k/S6k/etc is stored in the actual audio file (.wav). In the example patch that you sent, none of these had been changed from the default (C4), probably because they were ignored by the sampler (keytracking off).

The workaround I have implemented is that if and only if the keyrange is a single note (e.g. for a drum kit) then the base note will also be set to this note overiding any setting in the audio file. This should not have any affect upon more ‘instrument’ style patches, yet should fix the issue you highlighted.

I’ve given it a quick test and it appears to work fine so I’ll roll this into the next update.

Thanks for reporting the issue clearly and with an example patch.

As a side note for other users, if you find a bug in this tool please supply an example patch exhibiting the behaviour and a clear decription of what occurs and what what expected to myself via private message. This makes identifying the issue much easier.

Thanks

Where in the code is this, what file and line? I’ll write you a patch.

The convention is:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Files  
/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Instruments  

For example:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Instruments/Vibraphone.exs  
/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Files/Vibraphone/*.*  

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/
~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments

For instance like
~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/keys/03rw-Ethnic/Gendar
~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/keys/03rw-Ethnic/Gendar/Gendar - wav

The function is called ‘get_samples_path’ and expects three arguments: instrument_name, instrument_path, sample_filename for testing purposes. It is located around line 69 in files ‘support/file_tools.lua’

Sounds like a simple check should be:

"/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Files/" .. instrument_name .. "/" .. sample_filename  

Is this correct? (I don’t have a Mac to test) Is the path an absolute path (i.e. ‘Library’ is in the root dir (‘/’) and not in the Users home directory (‘~/’))?

If so I’ll also roll this into the update coming soon.

It’s good to have /Library and ~/Library for OSX users, just in case :)

Absolute path (“/Library”) has been added into the search.

The home directory library (“~/Library”) is more difficult but I am currently investigating if os.getenv(“HOME”) works. I can test this on Linux.

If anyone has a Mac can they please go to the scripting windows terminal and type the following:

print(os.getenv("HOME"))  

… and PM the results to myself.

Thanks

PM’d, but anyway, this outputs the “home folder” location on OSX, so for me it’d be /Users/esaruoho