edit: [Version 1.1 released. Various bug fixes and three additional file formats supported.](http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?/topic/30306-new-tool-27-additional-file-formats-tool/page view findpost p 237558)
To celebrate the release of 2.7 gold I have released the FileFormats tool.
The FileFormats tool incorporates loading of additional file formats into the native Renoise file browser.
Loading these additional formats is as easy as any other, as they will appear as valid formats in the sample or instrument file browser as necessary.
Currently supported sample file formats are:
- Akai MPC2000/2000XL (snd)
- Korg Trinity/Triton (ksf)
- Propellerheads Recycle (rex)
Currently supported instrument file formats are:
- Akai MPC1000 Programs (pgm)
- Akai MPC2000/2000XL Programs (pgm)
- Akai S5000/S6000/Z4/Z8 Programs (akp)
- Apple/Emagic Logic EXS24 Patches (exs)
- Korg Trinity/Triton Multisamples (kmp)
- Korg Trinity/Triton Performance Scripts (ksc)
- Propellerheads Reason NN-XT Patches (sxt) [partial]
- Roland MV8x00 Patches (mv0) [samples only]
Should add some comments regarding a few things you may notice:
- There is some ‘intelligent’ sample finding but if it cannot locate them it will ask you where to find the samples.
- Some Apple EXS patches refer to wav files that are actually aiffs or vice-versa, the tools cannot currently work around these yet as we defer to Renoise
- Some Trinity/Triton patches refer to a multisample that doesn’t exist. It will ask for the location of these sounds. If you don’t have them cancel this request and they will be ignored.