New Tool (2.7) Additional File Formats Tool

Does redux have this option for Importing EXS24 into sampler i see that it isn’t updated for a while

Redux does not support tools unfortunately.

Does this work for you in Renoise 3.1?

Attachment 7957 not found.

Seems to be a 2-liner patch, since Renoise 3.0 you can expect a created first sample slot anytime, seems to be all.

Ok, only rex seems to work, other file formats throw strange, never seen lua error:

*** Unknown Lua interpreter error occurred!

No idea how to debug that…? No line number given!

would be cool if this tool would be updated and would supoort rx2-files :slight_smile:

rx2 is a proprietary format, and I have no clue how you will get access to the api docs @ propellerhead webpage.

would be cool if this tool would be updated and would supoort rx2-files :slight_smile:

rx2 is a proprietary format, and I have no clue how you will get access to the api docs @ propellerhead webpage.

https://www.propellerheads.se/developer/rex.php

https://www.propellerheads.se/developer/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=rextechinfo2

It’s free to use, but you do need to register for access to the API, and they also limit access to established companies, not just random people who are curious.

Devs must also bundle the Rex API DLL with their software in order to load/save Rex files.

Even after all that, the API itself does not really do anything special other than provide access to the sample data, slice points, and other basic properties.

It doesn’t provide a Rex player or anything like that, so it won’t magically bring any of the fancy time-stretching and warping features from ReCycle into Renoise, if that’s what anyone is thinking :slight_smile:

At the end of the day it’s quite a lot of hassle just to load a loop and some slice markers. Not really worth it, imho.

What a strange way of company politics. rex2 also feels kind of outdated nowadays. Didn’t realize it had timestretching :blink: just dragged it into cubase 15 years ago, there were cross fades… All this proprietary shit in the audio industry, I hate that. Even Bitwig data looks like secret binary, at least they are not encrypting it :badteeth:

this ain’t updating automaticaly… is there a way to?