New Tool (2.7): Mixer Utilities

i have been noticing those files,too and i havent really used those tools yet,only just loaded them up,but havent used them in a track yet.so would be nice if there was a way to stop them from “popping” up :D

Hmm, have these files too now here… seems to be some bug. Normally it shouldn’t save anything into a file if the snapshot feature isn’t used. Also if you had snapshots in a song and cleared them it should remove the file during a save again so an option isn’t needed, rather a fix. :)

Will look into that and post an update.

Uploaded a fixed version, introduced this bug with some recent code changes in the last preview. If you have used the snapshot feature and just want to get rid of the empty *.xmup files, delete the ones which have a size of 636 bytes.

Just found this. Wicked cool.

Very very nice tool!
Good job!
I have one question : is it possible to assign shortcut keys to recall a favorite snapshot ? because when the “manage snapshots” window is on, I thought that function keys (F1, F2,…F10) were for that but it doesn’t seem work (i’m with a macbook and renoise 2.6) ? Perhaps I misunderstood something…
I hope this tool will be in the final release of renoise 2.7!!! It’s essential ;)

Thanks! :)

Well, it’s not implemented (yet), but using the function keys is so obvious that i will implement this in the next preview. The help key will be moved from F1 to F12 then for all dialogs. Please note, that this tool does not run reliable under 2.7 with simply changing the API version number. I’m preparing a small update currently but need to do a few tests first before making it public. Won’t take too long though. ;)

Snapshots is a great idea. Would it be possible to include the state of vsti’s also? When trying to get a good sound I often tweak both the instruments themselves and the effects in the mixer, so the mixer state and the instrument state is very interconnected.

What a beaut!!
Output delay in samples!! Needed this!
Snapshots!! You have No Idea!
Welll done man!

New version is available now in the first post, changes are:

• Updated for Renoise 2.7. - New option to show midi mapped sliders in the mixer. - A lot of snapshot dialog things can now be midi mapped, this could in theory allow some sort of live usage. - Added function keys support to the snapshots dialog. Depending on if you have favorite set or remove mode enabled those can also be used to assign a slot for the selected preset. If no favorite edit mode is enabled they will restore the favorite snapshot instead, the same works with midi mappings too.

Hmm, i’m not sure if this would really belong into the tool but i can relate to what you mean. Haven’t seen a snapshot functionality which does this in other hosts either yet. Actually one would need to support all sorts of instruments then, not only plugins. This would be quite some work to support and not something i could offer in the near future. I’ll leave this open to discuss further for now.

Wow, I sent a post yesterday about the possibility of shortcut keys on snapshot recall and today we have a new release of Mixer Utilities for renoise 2.7 with a new feature : “function keys support to the snapshots dialog”!!! Is there Christmas in March too ? ;)

But if you want you can use the Meta *Instr. automation device in the DSP chain of a track with a plugin. Snapshots takes device’s state and so plugin’s state too. I tried this with drumazon and imposcar plugins and it work well. I can recall different tweaks that i made on plugins.
Just one thing to say : there are some little strange things when I recall a snapshot with shortcut keys (i didn’t try in midi). Sometimes, other plugin’s controllers change when they shouldn’t ??? But if you directly use buttons in snapshot dialog, everything is ok.
I hope that will help you. ;)

Fair enough, but just out of curiosity what other instruments do you mean? The only other thing (besides plugin state) that I can see being worth saving would be sample settings and envelopes.

This works for parameters that are mapped in the automation device. But these are always set to the automated values automatically anyway. What you would want to save are non automated parameters.

I was preparing an update anyway for 2.7, so you simply had a good timing. ;)

Are you talking about some bug in the restoring function here? If so, can you please give me more details like the plugins used, what have you done before, maybe moved tracks or plugins and so on. I will try to replicate the issue then here and will do a fix if possible.

I mean everything else internal from Renoise, MIDI, Slices, Sample Settings and so on. Personally i think it should be all or nothing if i implement such feature, gather whatever settings the Renoise API allows to retrieve.

I think he means that you can map non automated parameters as well, you don’t have to automate them. If something is mapped in an automation device it will get saved in the snapshot, regardless of the automation. You could add the most important/tweaked parameters by hand and do some small presets maybe for the plugins you use. Not as easy as pressing a button but maybe a temporary solution as workaround.

Thanks!

Yes, I think, a little, only with *intr. automation and so with plugin :

• I start renoise with a new song
  • I use just one track number 1 (without move it or anything)
  • I select a plugin (imposcar or drumazon for sample) on track number 1
  • I add a *intr. automation device on track DSPs number 1
  • I do a first snapshot
  • I use auto-assign function in snapshot manager to assign the snapshot on favorites
    Ok the configuration is ready for show the bug ^_^
  • now I just tape several times on the function key “F1” to recall snapshot 1 and i see on the plugin window that some controllers move when they shouldn’t. With more snapshots assigned to favorites, the problem append more times.
  • but, if i directly click on the snapshot 1 in snapshot dialog, everything is OK and no controllers move
  • so i think the problem is especially with shortcut keys and with midi mapping (i tried calling snapshots with midi mapping and it’s the same)
    I hope this will help you.

Thank you for support and it’s really amazing to play with your tool :yeah:

The ? button (Help F12) doesn’t do anything? (version P5 for 2.7)

Thanks for the report, i can reproduce this behaviour here now. I have double checked my script and it doesn’t do anything wrong in setting the parameters, it sends out the correct values to the sliders in their correct order, so i’m not sure yet how to fix it and what is wrong with it. This seems to happen only with the automation device, all other devices i have tested don’t show this behaviour either. Also i have found another bug with values being out of range for the automation device. Thought this was fixed during the 2.6 beta cycle, but seems this device slipped through.

Sorry, still not implemented the help system.

Why the mixer utilities are not listed on tools.renoise.com? This is a very nice addition for the mixer.

Because the snaphot tool has some issues with restoring the midi and automation device, also wanted to finish the help system first. Don’t think it can be considered final at this stage yet.

OK, take your time. For now I stick with the beta P5 version then.

Only just updated my copy to P5 for 2.7.x - Wow really useful tool that I still need.