New Tool (2.8): ReSeq

Glad you like it

Yes I definitely want to to add scale functions, I already have scale snapping code from my PitchSnap tool. The two tools will work together so you can get scale snapping functionality now.
I am thinking about how best to integrate it into ReSeq, like adding a visual overview of the scale etc, I’m open to suggestions for any other scale features.

Also…

Updated to v0.5

4239 ReSeq v0.5.png

Added function to adjust levels on all steps - Use the four dials to change the levels of all steps for Note Length, Volume, Cutoff and Resonance.
It is now on the tools page so download form there.

Inspired by this tool I added support for envelope offsets in mlrx
This will allow you to write those pattern commands into tracks on-the-fly, using a hardware controller (or the virtual representation thereof).

It’s great when tools complement each other in this way :yeah:

Awesome That sounds like its gonna be a lot of fun! Maybe now is the time to buy that launchpad I’ve always wanted.

I just noticed this has been taken down from the tools page when the site was updated for v3.0…

Its not a massive deal as the phrase editor in v3 makes this tool obsolete, I was just surprised to see it taken down from the tools page. Can anyone explain?

Some tools seem to have disappeared during the tool database migration (so that you can load Renoise 3.0 tools), it is being investigated meanwhile.

btw:i would not state your tool is obsolete. It still adds a different dimension to the same flavor. You might be able to change it to support phrases (import from and export to)

Ah, ok thanks for letting me know :)

Yeah, I guess to say it’s obsolete is harsh, its just that the phrase editor is so good and combined with the scales feature… it’s so much fun!!

Reseq is incompatible with v3 so it’s gonna need reworking anyway, but it is early days I will think about how it could be made to support phrases. The new features in v3 solve a lot of the issues I was trying to work around with tools, however new features will also bring new ideas and there are lots of new things to experiment with in the new API… Happy days! :)

download link doesnt work

Yeah the tool page went down when the site changed and it’s pain to set it all up again.

Besides it doesn’t work in v3 anyway, I started to look at updating it but instruments have changed so much that the whole thing needs a rethink, it’s not going to be a quick job.

…Its not a massive deal as the phrase editor in v3 makes this tool obsolete…

Disagree B) , while the phrase editor fulfills most, if not all basic arpeggio needs, being able to have this tools functionality in the 3.0 pitch envelopes means you can tweak and experiment, create slides, transpose melodies differently through hooking up macro knobs to the parameters. Eg; being able to gradually fade-in/fade-out the arpegiated pitch melody through linking the from and/or to + duration fader modulation devicesettings to a macro. Gradually modulate a melody that is imported in the pitch envelopes through a lfo et cetera. Try to this in the phrase editor :slight_smile: .

Maybe if because of all the changes in the lua api this proofs to much work for the reseq tool, the initial tool which it is inspired from might be easier to update?

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-2-8-notes-to-envelop/38689

I just need a way to get the pattern editor notes (and phrase editor?) in an instruments pitch envelope!

:drummer:

Disagree B) , while the phrase editor fulfills most, if not all basic arpeggio needs, being able to have this tools functionality in the 3.0 pitch envelopes means you can tweak and experiment, create slides, transpose melodies differently through hooking up macro knobs to the parameters. Eg; being able to gradually fade-in/fade-out the arpegiated pitch melody through linking the from and/or to + duration fader modulation devicesettings to a macro. Gradually modulate a melody that is imported in the pitch envelopes through a lfo et cetera. Try to this in the phrase editor :slight_smile: .

Maybe if because of all the changes in the lua api this proofs to much work for the reseq tool, the initial tool which it is inspired from might be easier to update?

I just need a way to get the pattern editor notes (and phrase editor?) in an instruments pitch envelope!

:drummer:

Yeah, now the dust has settled somewhat on R3 I agree with what you say… I think given all the changes that were made to instruments I’ll go back to basics with this one and just look at getting the piano roll to pitch envelopes working first and take it from there… Another thing I miss in the new instruments is the envelope follower on the filter envelopes… I managed to get some cool sounds with this tool and the env followers which I have not been able to replicate with the new instruments… yet

can you re-up the 2.8 version afta?

can you re-up the 2.8 version afta?

Sure, here you go…

bump for the new millennium B)

With all the new instrument editor envelope goodness in 3.1, I’d really like a way to convert note-events from the pattern editor into pitch (point) values in the modulation tab.

For example add an lfo device after such pitch conversion in an envelope and gradually increase the amplitude from the lfo to bend the melody in flexible ways, easier to realize then fiddle with the pitch pattern commands. Would open up many rooms for experimentation.

Although this tool deals with a lot more, I mainly am looking for note to pitch value conversion.

Maybe this?

Maybe this?

yeah, I was thinking about bumping that thread first :slight_smile: , think it didn’t work in 3.1 last time I tried. Importing the tool right now gives an error notice that it has been disabled, will try the manual manifest updating to see if it works and report back.

edit;

ok, so after changing the manifest api nr from 3 to 5, I can enable the tool in the tool browser, however when opening it from the tools menu (on an empty instrument) gives;

'C:\Users\pluge\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.0\Scripts\Tools\com.afta8.NotesToEnvelope.xrnx' failed to execute in one of its menu entry functions.

Please contact the author (afta8 | fathand@gmail.com ) for assistance…

main.lua:43: unknown property or function ‘sample_envelopes’ for an object of type ‘Instrument’

stack traceback:

[C]: in function ‘_error’

[string “do…”]:48: in function <[string “do…”]:35>

main.lua:43: in function main.lua:37

Creating a sampled instrument and putting some note-events in the pattern editor will give the exact same error as above.

@Djeroek: Change channel to -> https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-2-8-notes-to-envelop/38689 :slight_smile:

@Djeroek: Change channel to → https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-2-8-notes-to-envelop/38689 :slight_smile:

legend :drummer: :guitar: :yeah: B)

Hi, is this tool still relevant? The download link does not work :confused:
Thanks

If I remember correctly this one doesn’t work > Renoise 2.8, something changed under the hood regarding lua api and envelopes unfortunately :frowning: .

Would be great to have again!

1 Like