New Tool (3.0, 3.1) : Stepp0r (Launchpad Step-Sequencer)

Hi,

I’m interested into using steppor on my linux renoise machine : is somebody able to confirm me that launchpad + steppor is 100% working on linux ? I’m asking before buying a launchpad.

thank you ! and congratulations for this tool :wink:

Palo van Dalo is running linux himself, so I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t working.

thank you, I didn’t see this information in the documentation :wink:

edit : and I didn’t see his signature on the forum :blush: :blush: :blush:

So I should find a “mk1” version, if I understand correctly ? How can I see the diference with the mk2 ? thanks

edit 2 : After some searching, I found that the launchpad S is not available anymore. So I presume that if I buy a launchpad S, I’m sure it’s a fully compatible MK1 version, right ?

thank you for your help

Hey dem,

I use Linux and that worked always great. The problem with the new devices from Novation is that they change the MIDI mappings every time. If you are able to write a bit of lua code, you can change the mapping. That should be the only thing that needs to be done. I can help you if in the process if you need some advice.

Another alternative is buying a CMD Touch TC64I read once, they use the same mapping like the MK1.

Thank you, Palo.

Unfortunatly I can’t code in LUA (or anything else…maybe a bit of actionscript2 years ago). So the best way is to find (correct me if I’m wrong) a launchpad S : after some research, it appears that this model is out of production, now only 3 devices are available : mini, “normal”, and pro. So I bet that the “S” version is unique, and according to your website, compatible with your tool.

The CMD from berhinger is not that cheaper than a launchpad, so I’ll prefer the original one !

I have to admit I don’t know really know the situation about the “newer” models. I have the feeling they bring out a new device every quarter to a year.

I think some people bought a Launchpad and wrote in this Post, if it worked or not. Would be nice if you could also write which version you bought and if it worked out of the box or not.

1 Like

thank you, Palo !

Yes it would be nice to see other members feedbacks, if I don’t find any further info, I’ll buy a launchpad S, hopefully it will work on my linux station with renoise and your (great) tool. :badteethslayer:

For the MK2, just had to adjust a few numbers in the code. No, I’m not looking to maintain anything. I did this for selfish reasons:https://github.com/VegaDeftwing/stepp0r

‘compiled’ xrnx:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WM6aROmLP-akcsKo_RJ_FAJjkeTLZGrK/view?usp=sharing

also note I don’t really know lua, so this was just BS’d out to get something that works. I haven’t had any bugs though.

8310 Stepp0r-0.72-launchpadMK2.xrnx

1 Like

Hello Vega,
Is your updated Stepp0r plugin made for the regular/mini launchpad or the launchpad pro?

Normal Mk2. It’s still a smidgen broken and I have a version that’s a bit better I’ve been working on. Right now the effect/pan/vol control row is broken, but I think I have everything else working. I’ll upload again when I have effects fixed, but I’m not sure how soon that’ll be. For the Pro (mk2, vel sensative) there’s a release by the original developer that should work.

When I install the file you provided above, renoise says it is the pro version. Thats why I asked. Maybe wrong file uploaded?

Also, I dont have a launch pad yet. But Im thinking of getting a Launchpad mini (mk2) just to use with steppor. What do you think, it is usable? you got most features to work right?

How did you find the values in the Lua files to edit? There are alot of Lua files in there. Im quite confident with midi so if I only knew where to look, it should be easy to update the Lua files like you did.

Yeah, that’s because I just took the pro version and tweaked the code a bit to make it work the best I could quickly.

How did you find the values in the Lua files to edit? There are alot of
Lua files in there. Im quite confident with midi so if I only knew where
to look, it should be easy to update the Lua files like you did.

The MIDI values are defined in stepp0r/src/Layer/Launchpad at master · mrVanDalo/stepp0r · GitHub
If you want to add a new type of launchpad, check out the flavours
folder stepp0r/flavors at master · mrVanDalo/stepp0r · GitHub in there
are all files that are just overwritten for another flavor. Should be a
good start on which files need to be touched.

can’t get it to work with the launchpad mini mk3, any chance of an updated version?

I get the following error:

std::logic_error: ‘trying to open a non existing MIDI device.’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘create_output_device’
./Layer/Launchpad/Launchpad.lua:43: in function ‘connect’
./Init/LaunchpadSetup.lua:128: in function ‘connect_launchpad’
main.lua:77: in function ‘run_callback’
./UI/MainUI.lua:501: in function ‘run’
./UI/MainUI.lua:440: in function <./UI/MainUI.lua:433>

Sorry helltrack, as I wrote a few years back, I have not time nor the equipment to continue this project.

If you can code a bit, you can change the midi interface, I gave my best back than to separate that from the logic of the code.

1 Like

I understand, but still :sob: