New Tool (3.0, 3.1) : Stepp0r (Launchpad Step-Sequencer)

There ist still support for the launchpad pro. Does anyone use stepp0r with launchpad MK2 ?

Cheers

I’ve recently bought a Launchpad Mini MK2 for the sole purpose of using it in conjunction with stepp0r. Love the idea of this tool.

However, I can’t seem to get it to work properly.

For one, the keyboard does not work as described in the documentation. The octave buttons do nothing at all, the keyboard seems to be stuck on C-5.

Furthermore, a note is triggered on pressing almost every single button on the device.

I’ve also tried it with starting an OSC server from within Renoise’s preferences window.

I’m completely lost on this. Is this a possible bug or lack of support for MK2 devices? Or am I just stupid and missed a step or two in setting this up?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Sorry to hear that. You are definitively not to stupid. MK2 is not supported yet. And because I’m very very busy right now I can’t tell you when it is, or if it even will some day.

If you’re willing to adjust the code for the MK2 I’m would help you with the code. I think the only thing you have to do is adjust the midi-codes which are send.

You can send me a personal message to discuss that further. (I’m living in DD right now as well).

Thanks for your reply!

I’ll look into amending the code to get it to work with the MK2. I’ll send you a PM on that.

And we should meet up some time, since you’re in Dresden as well!

Sure here you later, but I thought DD is Düsseldorf.

Ah, nevermind then [:

Hey Palo,

thanks for a great sequencer, I love it! I bought a Launchpad a while ago to use with the plugin Playtime for Reaper. I really like Playtime for final arranging with samples and analog synths, BUT I didn’t find a good, stable way to record my patterns (items) without having to watch the screen and/or stopping the music once in a while. I googled “Launchpad sequencer”, and found Stepp0r which actually made me buy a Renoise license right away ( I haven’t used a tracker since 1996 :).

I was glad to find that Renoise could do most things that are standard these days, like sending midi to external synths, slicing samples, ReWire, mapping parameters to MIDI controllers and so on… quite different compared to FastTracker2 :slight_smile:

Stepp0r makes it even more fun, and I like the Pattern Matrix mode very much! Personally I think this plugin works and looks the best when used with no more than 8 instruments/tracks, but it’s great that it’s not limited to that.

I have a question (more will come), is there a way to “record” a pattern matrix jam, and then save the pattern chain that you created live, with the project? (Like in Playtime or in Ableton Live). It’s not the end of the world if this is impossible, I’ve tried rewiring Renoise to Reaper and recorded a jam there as audio and that works great as well!

Thanks!

//Daniel (Saintlights on Soundcloud)

Stepp0r is awesome! There are a few bugs (at least on linux) but it works really nice!

Here’s my current setup, only took a couple hours after never using renoise or stepp0r before.

-m

After months of on-and-off trying to get my LP Mini MK2 to work with Stepp0r by adding a new flavour to the source, I still haven’t made any progress … however, if anyone wants to try and make the neccessary changes to the code themselves, here’s a map of the MIDI messages Renoise receives from the device:

0M0zZe1.png

how is the launchpad pro vs regular launchpad features these days? I want to buy one but idk if i should get an old one or a new one or a pro version?

how is the launchpad pro vs regular launchpad features these days? I want to buy one but idk if i should get an old one or a new one or a pro version?

I would be interested to know this as well, I’m also trying to decide which one to buy.

I would be interested to know this as well, I’m also trying to decide which one to buy.

If you find anything pls let me know, i guess all we really need to know is if the velocity sensitve feature works as tht the only new thing about it right?

Sorry, my mail filter ate all the mail about this forum.

LP and LP PRO use the same code-base with small patches each. It all should work the same at the end. But only for the LP I know for sure, for LP PRO another person tested and wrote the patches.

I know this is not a satisfying answer but the tool has 289 downloads so far, and I had no bug-reports about the pro version so far.

I don’t have time anymore to support this plugin. (This does not mean it’s not working anymore)

It would be nice if somebody would take over maintenance of this project.

I’m happy to help where ever I can.

There are enough issues in github to get started :smiley:

Here is the repository :https://github.com/mrVanDalo/stepp0r

If you want to take over maintenance please send me a personal message

in the renoise.

Cheers

Palo van Dalo

I wish I had read the thread properly, just bought a mk2 :mellow:

Sorry to hear. well there is still the possibility of coding. I believe you only have to adjust the midi signals.

Some progress about MINI MK2 support?

Some progress about MINI MK2 support?

Nope, still searching for somebody to continue this project. As I mentioned up there, I don’t have time for it anymore.

mini mk2 = launchpad mini

everything works so far, great!

I hope someone make similar plugin for Native Instrument Maschine hardware.