New Tool (3.0): Easy Tune

Oh thanks I used that before but forgot about it after an OS reinstal, that’s handy too.

Yeah that would be great, I record a lot of clanking and banging around the house straight into Renoise. Usually only part of the recorded sound has a consistent pitch, sometimes I want to tune the rattle of glass bottles in the refrigerator but the woosh of the door slamming throws off the pitch detection.

Thanks a lot for your work, between this and the tuned devices Renoise is basically Kyma with breakbeats.

Also it’s really hard to tune a cat.

This may help with what you are doing, because it tunes all samples in an instrument the tool also tunes slices, so just put slices around the sound you want to tune separately (I will still implement the feature you wanted though, i think its useful).

Yeah Renoise is pretty powerful with lua but I don’t think its quite reached kyma potential yet… I look forward to the day I can do something like this in Renoise: http://ssc-media.com…0psi%20iPad.mov

Anyway its nice to know you are getting good use out of it, just dont ask me for cat optimized tuning algorithms

thanks!

Oh… and I thought it was a tool to make it easier to make a tune. ;)

Try this variant if you must…

Thought this would be more the thing: Rpg - The Renoise Phrase Generator

And don’t forget, if you want to make it really really easy, you can always try this

I’m sorry, I never intended to hijack this thread. Don’t forget that it’s really about Easy Tune. Check it out, yo!

This rocks! However, it seems to have some problems sometimes…

On some .wav samples I get:
com.afta8.EasyTune.xrns\ failed to execute one of its menu entry functions.

Please contact the author (afta8 | his email ) for assistance…

main.lua:251: attempt to perform arithmetic on field ‘?’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
main.lua:251: in function ‘wave_frequency’
main.lua:322: in function main.lua:276

Hey, thanks for sending me the sample, I can reproduce the bug and I’ll sort it out in the next update. I think it’s something to do with it being a small chip sample, if you do a fade out on a small portion of the end of the sample it seems to work ok, I’ll investigate it further.

Also EasyTune won’t give you the right tuning for a sample like that because it’s a very small sample and also looped over a smaller section. The looped section will have a different tuning to the whole sample and EasyTune will tune the whole sample. Best thing to do with this would be to trim the sample so that the whole sample is looped, then it will tune it right.

I’ve been using the sh*t out of this tool! It’s perfect, thank you so much for making it.

In fact, I think it should be built into Renoise as a default, that’s how useful it is.

I love this tool, afta8. Thank you so much :)

Yay, thanks, it was a pleasure making it, will update for R3 soon :)

Updated to v1.3 for Renoise v3 (I won’t be updating this for older versions of Renoise)

Whats new:

The sample tuning can now also be calculated from the selected sample range in the Sample Editor as requested here

The tool now provides a number of menu options and an assignable kb shortcut which affect how it runs:

• Instrument List Context Menu: Tunes all samples in the selected instrument
  • Sample Waveform Context Menu: Tunes the currently selected sample (or range)
  • Sample List Context Menu: Provides a sub menu from which you can choose to tune the ‘Selected Sample’ or ‘All Samples’
  • Keyboard Shortcut - Tunes all samples in the selected instrument

See the tools page for the update.

nice dude, got this notice after installation;

after this notice it says the tool installed correctly, but I can’t find it anywhere in the right mouse click menu options.

edit;

maybe because I’m still on rc1 instead of 2?

No nothing to do with that, there was just an error in the tool manifest. I have fixed it now, can you download the new version and try it again?

Thanks

cool,

installed the new version, created a small loopable sample through the draw function in the sample editor, right clicked the instrument list to select your tool shortcut and got;

I can’t seem to replicate that one, it works ok here. Any chance you can send me the waveform that causes the error?

Thanks

I saved this as .xrni;

Attachment 4884 not found.

Cool, thanks for that.
I think I have fixed the bug now. The new version is on the tools page.

Cheers!