New tool (3.0): Sample Headroom

Because not everything has to hit 0 dB.

Creates sample headroom by automatically attenuating samples by 12 dB when added to a Renoise project.

What’s the difference between this and the track headroom setting? Sample headroom creates headroom before hitting any instrument fx, whereas track headroom comes after the entire instrument fx chain.

In the sample editor tab, samples are automatically attenuated only when the disk browser is open (so you can duplicate samples without changing their volume).

When rendering to a sample, it should not adjust the new sample’s volume at all.

Known bugs

• Doesn’t attentuate samples when “create multi sampled instruments is enabled” and you drag multiple samples to the sample list

TODO

• Make the attenuation factor configurable (based on preview volume?)
  • Apply it to instruments as well? xrni & plugins…
  • Be smarter about attenuating… don’t do it if the sample is already quiet

Check it out on GitHub

5889 com.patmaddox.SampleHeadroom-0.2.xrnx

Note: This is the first tool I’ve actually bundled and uploaded… so I’d appreciate someone letting me know if it installs properly, so I can go back and bundle my other tools!

updated to v0.2 to fix a problem when rendering new samples

Note: This is the first tool I’ve actually bundled and uploaded… so I’d appreciate someone letting me know if it installs properly, so I can go back and bundle my other tools!

Installs fine here and new loaded sample goes to -12dB, so on first look all seems fine!

Not sure if this is one of the bundled scripts but it is super useful to download for scripters if not. It creates xrnx templates and allows quick export of your tools too. I use it all the time.

http://renoise.com/tools/create-tool

Look forward to developments of this tool and seeing what else you`ll be uploading!