New Tool (3.0): Selection Shaper

No, it means that it will never be left in an un-maintained state.

Oh ok, that’s great.

Here’s a teaser for the upcoming SSK v3 - will be out in a couple of weeks :slight_smile:

v3 will add a bunch of new features, including the ability to generate multi-samples (this was the motivating factor to rewrite the tool)

But another feature in SSK has also become more prominent:

7558 ssk_select_strip.gif

That little strip represents “segments”, and allow you to flick around in the sample selection. This feature was already included in SSK, but was somewhat hidden, which is a shame as you can operate with surgical precision on loops & breakbeats with this thing.

Oh, and a big thank to uprime22 and sato for all the hard work that went before it.

There’s still some work to be done, but can I tease some more?

This gif is demonstrating how the real-time generation works. It’s really simple to use: you check “apply changes in realtime”, after which the selected waveform type is updated in near-realtime.

This makes it much easier to get an idea about how the advanced options (duty cycle, etc.) are working.

7577 ssk_realtime_generator.gif

holy moly. YES.

Hey ehm, … little bump? :wink:

How is this new version coming along? The screenshots look absolutely astonishing and I’d love to even be able to play with it in an unfinished state (who knows I might be able to help fix some bugs, I’ve been learning Lua and the Renoise API a little bit–just some small edits to existing tools, nothing big so far).

@Danoise,Have you been able to advance with this tool? I find it very interesting! Will you share it when it’s finished so I can see the code?

Regards!

Will you share it when it’s finished so I can see the code?

there is a functional tool (very beta, but working), if you are daring enough to check out this github branch:

https://github.com/renoise/xrnx/tree/Selection-Shaper

But, ehm, yeah… I seriously underestimated the time I would have to finish the last few details.

Not that it would take long, but I simply haven’t had the time.

Nag me a bit more and I will release a version with the unfinished parts stripped away. The rest really should be fine :slight_smile:

This should be very similar to the #ensoniq synthesize loop feature, which was an automatic process. Been lookin for this one for some time now.

Thanks! :drummer: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

This should be very similar to the #ensoniq synthesize loop feature

Not even remotely. SSK is “just” a great waveform generator, doesn’t do resynthesis like the ensoniq.

My (pending, cough) update also doesn’t change the fundamental workings of the tool, just adds multi-sample support.

hmmm…tnx 4 wakin me up from my dr,rookie dreams then… :drummer: …didnt try it yet; so was just assuming it might, could…could we request this?

Not even remotely. SSK is “just” a great waveform generator, doesn’t do resynthesis like the ensoniq.

My (pending, cough) update also doesn’t change the fundamental workings of the tool, just adds multi-sample support.