New Tool (3.0): Vsti From Menu

1. thanks, will take a look.

2. these will not be available via Lua shortly (possibly since the latest betas). That is why they are left out.

Will take a look at this also, thanks for pointing out.

+1 Great idea :)

Could we also get DSP Chains support, perhaps allow to read the folder structure off the DSP Chains folder?

I made a mention about this here.

bribes with beer :)

this handy tool should be in the renoise-tools page! thanks for this

Just a couple of things to straighten out first, but it will get there eventually. :)

Glad it`s useful!

How can i update this tool for 2.8?

Check if you need to change any .plugin_name to plugin_path and then update the API version in the manifest to 3
The rest you can check in this topic (It is in the scripting related forums, i now also have pinned it for easier finding):
http://www.renoise.c…opic=32699&st=0

Though, currently you now also can call a favorite plugin directly from the context menu now with a native function.

Nice! Thanks!

when will this be available for 2.8?

Can`t give an exact date but will be updating tools soon.

cool would love to have this one back too. :)

Please see top of first post:
http://forum.renoise…post__p__222461

Let me know how it works for you/ any probs.

Up on tools site, no changes from most recent file:

http://renoise.com/tools/vsti-from-menu

This should be fixed as of v0.71:

I’ve just installed this and I get this error on installing:

The tool does run and lists my VSTs correctly, but as has already been mentioned earlier my AUs are listed as random strings of numbers.

The error pops up again if I close and restart Renoise. I’m on a Mac, 10.6.8, running Renoise 2.8 (64 bit version).

Cheers!

Thanks will take a look.

Here is a new revision:

Attachment 3405 not found.

Please could you check how the AUs are now. I have no way to confirm this is fixed as am on windows only. I have used updated API calls to get the names now so this could be fixed.

Cool - I’m on my way home now do I’ll check this when I get back. Not sure if I should mention this yet or not because I’ve got no real reason to suspect it, but I’ve been wondering if the problem is connected to me having Automapped plugins in my folder. I’ve not seen any other mention of Automap so if something still plays up it might be worth considering. I’ll let you know what happens when I test this time though, before jumping into unnecessary possibilities.

Sorry about the babbles, I’m a bit drunk…

Hey Ledger - I’ve just installed the update and here’s what happens: I now get this error -

That suggests the AUs are getting correctly identified by name now (alphabetically, the first AU in my Components folder is Madronalab’s Aalto), but then as soon as I press OK in the error window I get this second error:

I don’t know if there’s any way of knowing if “ufx_0x12BCBFC8_NVTa” refers to Aalto again or if it’s something else.

Also, I’ve just clicked past the errors and tested out picking an instrument from the list of VSTs via right clicking in the instrument selector, and the AUs are missing from the list now (previously they were listed, but just as strings of numbers and letters; in this update they just don’t appear at all), and when I pick a VST instrument from the list nothing happens. If I revert back to the 0.71 version then the AUs are back, and when I select one from the list it appears as an instrument in the selector as expected.

Sorry, I feel like I’m being a right pain - wish I could help out by lending you one of the Macs we have at work! Might make things a bit easier for you. :slight_smile:

Yes this is a bit tricky trying to debug via the internet on a different system! :)

One bit of info that might help: Are any AUs showing up correctly as fx?

Edit: also do you know how to open up the scripting editor and execute the testpad?
if so could you run this for me:

rprint(renoise.song().instruments[1].plugin_properties.available_plugin_infos)  

and copy paste the results to this thread?

I hadn’t noticed until you asked, but only one AU effect shows up in the FX list, and I have loads more so it seems like there is something wrong there. It also shows up as a string of numbers/letters rather than the proper name.

I don’t know how to execute a testpad script at this exact moment, but I work in IT so I’m not scared to figure it out and get back to you. I’ll post the results as soon as I get them. Really hope this can work - it’s such a great tool