New Tool (3.1) Automation Single Slider

(Ledger) #41

I can use your automation tool to ‘bring to light’ the control on the VST GUI from the sea of possible controls, then use the standard Renoise controls to add that param to the pattern data. Thats a workaround.

I wonder if it’s possible to transcribe automation window ‘points’ into the pattern data.

It’s just that generally I prefer to hammer numbers in rather than work with the curves or points in the auto editor … but your method here of picking up a VST control and then manipulating it is awesome.

The perfect solution, for me, would be to write into the pattern data directly from the VST control :slight_smile:

Thanks!

The transcribing to pattern could be done, it could be a bit tricky on implementation due to the fx lanes allowing any command anywhere i.e. not having dedecated fx lanes for each command. I `m sure some compromise would be possible though.

With writing from the VST control, afaik this couldnt be done neatly with the current API. Heres the post from earlier in the thread after Djeroek was asking the same:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-1-automation-single-slider/44614

I would love to see an option to write modulation even if i dont move by the knob (so you can easily overdub previously recorded modulations) with some resolution setting(like write point for every 4 lines). Just idea )

Certainly further improvements to consider. Needs the will/ time from me for a good burst of scripting though…

(ffx) #42

outdated

(Ledger) #43

Would probably skip anything crashy, but I`ll have a look at the other code when I next get round to this,

cheers

(thalamus) #44

Well, it’s pretty damn great as it is… if it never changed it’d still be great.

(Ledger) #45

Two new shortcuts added for faster browsing through your automated parameters.

They will open the automation lane if it isnt already. Unlike the tools gui selection method, you dont have to choose the next device manually, these shortcuts just take you up and down the renoise automations list.

AUS Next Automated Parameter

AUS Previous Automated Parameter

(Ledger) #46

Now added Duplicate Automation Selection shortcut. i.e. make a selection in the automation editor, press the shortcut and that selection repeated after itself.

Testing on this one is appreciated as it was a pain to implement, so any bugfixes would be much easier with the code fresh in my mind

AUS Duplicate Automation Selection"

7542 duplicate selection auto.PNG

also recently added:

Two new shortcuts added for faster browsing through your automated parameters.

They will open the automation lane if it isnt already. Unlike the tools gui selection method, you dont have to choose the next device manually, these shortcuts just take you up and down the renoise automations list.

AUS Next Automated Parameter

AUS Previous Automated Parameter

7543 act autos.png

(danoise) #47

Writing from vst control can be done and was already made in my tuned shortcuts tool. It works. But it is unstable, renoise can crash, especially with old vsts .

Are we talking a hard crash that takes down Renoise (with or without saving a backup), or a scripting error (with or without a warning message)?

Devs need to know about anything that can take down the software like that…

(Ledger) #48

I would love to see an option to write modulation even if i dont move by the knob (so you can easily overdub previously recorded modulations) with some resolution setting(like write point for every 4 lines). Just idea )

Right, I`ve just added this to 0.85 (without resolution control)

7546 Latch Mode.PNG

When enabled the the Latch mode button has two colours; red and orange. When orange it means it is armed so the next time you use the large rotary the overdubbing will occur. When the overdubbing is occuring it remains red. It automatically goes back to orange (armed) when the transport stops or you change parameters. You can also toggle it off again by re-pressing the button.

• bugfix: also updated the automation writing function so that it will overwrite dots that occur between lines.

• see a couple of posts up for new recent keyboard shortcuts

(Ledger) #49

Small update.

Labels changed for clarity:

https://www.renoise.com/tools/automation-single-slider